The Last Dance (29)

Definite shout out to all the people who guessed what John's smirk was for; a few of you even got it right. Kudos! I had fun writing this chapter of course, but I can't wait for the next when I finally get to write about... the ball!! Yay! I'm sure you're all as excited as I am, or perhaps more since I actually know what's going to happen muahah. Enjoy!

Comment and Vote?

Cheers, 

xo.

***************************************************

Recap:

___________________________________________________

I grimaced slightly and stood closer to Mira and Lily, who were talking with just as much excitement about the Balls.

Great, both conversations I wasn't particularly interested in participating in.

"Why so quiet Cee? Aren't you excited? How far do you think you'll get?" David asked rapidly, without giving me a chance to answer anything.

"You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen you joust Cee, when do you practice?" Luke cut in.

I smiled lightly at them, about to answer when John cut in, a huge smirk covering his face...

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 29 - Tourney

"You want to tell them or should I?" He said gleefully.

Though I knew it was childish, I couldn't help but punch him lightly on the shoulder since he was obviously enjoying this way too much.

"Tell us what?" David asked suspiciously.

John looked at me once to see if I was going to say anything, and when it was obvious I wasn't his smirk grew even wider.

"Jousting is the one thing our Celia can't do."

I shrugged like it was no big deal when everyone's jaw dropped open.

Besides being a little embarrassed it wasn't a huge deal. No one could be good at everything, not even me, though it wasn't for lack of trying.

"How did you know about that anyway?" I asked John curiously while the others recovered.

He grinned. "I saw you attempt it once a long time ago. Priceless" He said with a chuckle.

I frowned. "You mean to say you saw me fail at something and didn't make fun of me for it?" I asked sceptically.

That didn't exactly fit with the impression I had of him before we became friends.

"I was going to, but then you looked so upset after I couldn't bring myself to do it" He said sheepishly.

I almost cringed, caring more that he'd seen me upset than being bad at something, until I remembered things had changed.

And even before they'd changed he'd had the decency not to do anything about it.

Impressive.

"You mean you actually had a heart back then?" I said with fake surprise.

He rolled his eyes at me even as a faint smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

"Shocking isn't it?" He said sarcastically.

That got a laugh out of the others, reminding me of their presence. Strange, I always seemed to forget people were around when I was talking to John.