38. The Grin Behind The Mask.

Wally sat up, putting his ear to Dick's chest while simultaneously searching for the utility belt, if peradventure the person coming round the corner wasn't Batman, then he was running out of here.

The footsteps got closer and Wally got more panicked, because he couldn't hear anything, he couldn't feel the heart that was supposed to be beating hard against this chest. Wally shook his head, taking a deep breath and calming him own heart rate, it couldn't be.

"I'm tempted. Do I kill you and take the boy, or help you because you look so pitiful."

The speedster looked up with a start, the half orange glare sent at him only made him want to back up into nowhere, bumping into the wall behind him and aggravating his bullet wound. "Deathstroke," he whispered almost inaudibly.

"Hm," the mercenary played with the gun in his hand, leaning against the battery wall. "I could sell you both for an hefty price too."

Wally's fist tightened around the pebble-like smoke bombs in his hand. "Are you here to help us?"

"I know who you are, don't go playing innocent civilian now."

Somehow Wally felt like the man was grinning behind his mask.

"Are you the one who shot us?"

"No," Deathstroke said monotonously. "But your mouth isn't helping the situation."

"Wh-" Wally was cut off by loud shouts and hurried footsteps.

"Well," The man sighed, loading bullets into his gun. "I guess time's up."

"What?"

Wally really didn't like guns being pointed at him.

-
Boom! Bye bye. I wanna see ya suffer.