Chapter 4

I frown as I look around the car one last time, to make sure everything's alright and in its spot. I know in the back of my mind that it is, but I can't help myself; it's been like this ever since I started driving cars that have the wheel on the left side.

Even though I'm still a little unsure - when wasn't I though? - I nod to myself and slowly open the door, stepping out and locking the car even slower. I'm surprised that I only look over my shoulder twice while walking toward the frat house.

So far I can tell it's quiet inside; either most of the guys are sleeping off their hangover, or they're trying and failing to function. Or both, in most cases after frat parties.

With a small smile on my face I knock at the door, simply out of fun, to see how long I'd have to wait for someone to open it for me. The current record is six minutes and 34 seconds.

However, I'm surprised when the door is pulled open not even 15 seconds later. Well, this isn't that fun.

"Hiya," I say in a cheery tone as I peek inside, and see just what I'm expecting to see; rearranged furniture, stains on the wall and carpets and red cups and beer bottles everywhere.

Good thing I only have a room here.

"What the..?" One of the older frat guys looks outside, the sun that is already setting blinding him. "The hell did you knock?"

"It's fun," I grin and push my way past him, leaving him at the door. I know he'd love nothing but to kick my ass right now, but I guess he'd have no one to finish his projects for him then.

"Who is it?" I recognize Seth's voice, and sit in the armchair across from him. He's also sitting- well, lying in one, sideways, his legs hanging off the armrest and with a cushion over his head. Nothing unusual yet.

"It's me, am I late for the party?" I knew that he knew what party I had in mind; not the one from last night, but the one where I get to sit and laugh at their drunken asses.

"No," Seth's response makes me smile again, "I'm the first one that woke up. Then Avery, and..." Oh, so that's the name of the guy whose projects I do. "And I think all the guests left."

"Damn." I press my lips together, to suppress a smile at the memory of last week, and the week before; the funniest part is definitely when the guests decide to leave, because none of them can leave in under half an hour.

"So..." Seth finally removes the cushion off his face, "What'd you do last night?"

I took a semi deep breath, and looked up at the ceiling; when I stopped observing the lime green stain up there, I thought about what had happened last night. Quite frankly, I'm still not sure whether it was a dream or did it actually happen.

"I, um... I went to buy myself pizza, and..." And did I or did I not meet a girl that kept me up until eight in the morning?

"And... what did Rachel and Ross do now?" Seth asks, and usually I'd roll my eyes or at least glare at him, but now I really can't care less about his words. Since I woke up two hours ago, I couldn't concentrate on anything but what happened last night. It doesn't even seem like it was last night. More like it happened ages ago.

"Or did you really watch Dawson's Creek?" He frowns at me and I have to blink a few times to register what he just said to me.

"Um... yeah, I watched Dawson's Creek," I mumble before I can even think of what I'm saying. Within a few seconds I frown; I didn't watch Dawson's Creek. I didn't watch anything. Well, except the ceiling while I tried falling asleep.

"Are you okay?" He asks again, interrupting my thoughts. Again. "I mean, I know how attached you are to your TV shows, did something bad happen with Dawson and Joey?"