21

CHAPTER 21: PARALLEL.

" Between the wars we'll stay
Fading echoes spin away
Lost in memories, in memories. "

.- Between the wars, Allman Brown.

____

NARRATOR.

Dizziness takes over Arabelle's body, a sudden rush, a heat, feeling every single little draft of emotion all at once, hitting her body – or soul – with enough force to make her head and body ache.

Suddenly she could feel the tip of her fingers, and she could feel that feeling expanding through her whole body until she gained all the control, her eyes fluttering wide open in shock, gasping a little from the journey her soul had just taken. She first sees the wet concrete, and brown boots that she supposed were hers.

"Oh god." She mutters to herself, looking around, she was in the streets of what she imagined was New York, a drizzle of rain fell upon it, and with it the humid smell of dirt and wet concrete. "It worked." She sighed in relief, earning a glare from a woman that passed by her.

Now i just need to see if this is my body and not some hipsters.

She walks a little further, still feeling sore, and she finds a small boutique nearby and stares at the reflection in the windows. Another sigh scapes her lips as she stares at herself, thank god there's an Arabelle in this dimension.

Her hair was cut short, it fell just below her pierced ears, and she wears a long sleeve grey sweatshirt with green army skinny jeans and brown combat boots, with a brown messenger back hanging from her shoulder. And this Arabelle has a good sense of style as well, maybe i should cut my hair like this if i come back.

She breathes heavily and something snapped in her head, she franatically starts looking for the stone she was supposed to hold, she opens the bag and her hands roam through the contents of her bag not finding anything, until she looked down at her left hand - where a ring with the red emerald stone on top of it was wrapped around her finger , yet another sigh of relief.

"I need to focus now, where would i hide if i was an evil twin sister?." She speaks for herself. "I should start by looking at the Inst-."

She stops mid sentence, she didn't posses any marks, nor did she had a Stele. She was a Mundane. The sound of an up beat song coming from her bag interrupts her thoughts, she takes out the smartphone from the bag.

"Jace." She mutters in strange confusion and relief, she picks it up.

"Darling? Where are you? Ethan just got here, we are waiting for you."

His voice sounded as melodic as always, but it was far more softened and chirpy. She raises an eyebrow.

"Uh yeah i'm coming, i'm a clutz, i completely forgot where i am supposed to meet you."

"Oh, Belle. You were supposed to come to our apartment like an hour ago."

Our?, that made Arabelle's stomach twist with emotion.

"Where are you?."

She looks at her surrondings, looking at the boutique she was in front of, her eyebrows knit together.

"I'm at Isa' Belles?." She says with a hint of confusion and Jace laughs loudly over the phone, her heart flutters, she couldn't remember the last time she had heard him laugh like that.