Chapter 4

It's been a week since what happened at the movies. I haven't talked to Asher. I just want to know why these guys were after him.

I walk to my locker and grab my science book. As I turn around I see Asher staring at me, but then looks away.

Thats it, i cnat take this anymore. I'm gonna talk to him. It's gonna be awkward, but it's worth it. I have to know what's going on.

His friends walk away from him leaving him all alone. This is my chance. I walk up to him as he closes his locker and turns around.

"Oh, hey." He says awkwardly as he scratches the back of his neck.

"We need to talk." I cut right to the chase instead of having a long awkward conversation.

He sighed, pulling me to the janitors closet. As he shut the door it got darker, until he turned on the lights.

"What do you want to know?" He bit his lip. I'm guessing he doesn't want me to ask.

I'm still asking.

"Why were those people after you?" I just blurt it out. I'm anxious to know what's going on. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and began pacing.

"About 2 years ago... I formed a gang... I sent a few people to go take 'care' of this one guy who crossed me one to many times... ever since then his dad has been after me... sending people to kill me." He said this slowly, it seemed hard for him to speak, but he still got threw it.

"One day... He sent... a- a guy to kill me. The guy thought he killed me, but it was my brother. He shot him in the back of his h- head." His voice cracked and he slowly began to cry, I pulled him on to a hug trying ti comfort him.

I feel bad... Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

"I'm sorry." Is all I could really say at the moment. He pulled away from the hug and he faced me.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything." He rested his head on my shoulder silently crying.

🌹🌹🌹

3 days later

Asher went back to bullying me. Marcos and I hang out occasionally though. So at least I have someone to talk to.

"Hi." Taylor walked up to me. I said hi back shyly. She smiled at me.

"We should hang out some time." She says as I rub the side of my arm.

"We should." I shut my locker turning to face her again. One of her friends called on her.

"I go to go, but I'll talk to you later." She waved and ran off to her friends as they started talking and Marcos walked up to me.

"Hey Marcos." We began to walk to class, but then he stopped. "What's wrong?"

"Some ones after Asher." I gave him a curious look. Why would som- just then it hit me. I almost forgot he formed a gang.

"Why are you telling me?" What would I be able to do? I don't think he would even let me help.

"He bullied you because he likes you." He likes me? I can't believe that. If he likes me, why would he bully me?
"He needs your help."

I sigh. Guess I'm helping my bully  today. "What does he need help with?" 

"Hiding. He needs a place to hide out."  He starts walking again.

"I have a guest room, but it's small." I follow him into class.

"It's good, I'll go talk to him right now." He walks to his seat which is next to Asher.

I'm guessing they were talking about it during class because Asher would occasionally glance at me. At the end of class Asher walked up to me.

"Thank you, for letting me stay at your place. I promise I won't bully you anymore." I smiled at the thought of no more bullying.

"Ok." I nod my head.

🌹🌹🌹

We got in my car, and the whole drive we had to make sure no one was following us.

"Here's the guest room."

"What about your parents?" He sat down on the bed.

"Their always working, so there's no need to worry." I smiled. "Good night."

"Good night."

💖💖💖

I'm sorry this chapter was short... please forgive me?

Hope you liked it! Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to vote!✌

💖💖💖