Chapter 43

"And I'm here again. Muka ba akong tanga o tanaga talaga ako? Masukista pwede din. Alam ko na ngang ikinasal na siya sa iba, pero nandito parin ako sa harapan ng bahay niya. Ano ba ginagawa ko dito? I am still as hopeless like to years ago. What would you say then Faight? What if makita mo siya dito? o sila?"

She said to herself as she slowly walks towards the front door of Lance's studio. Her eyes refuse to shed some tears. Faight stepped a little closer and touch the door. She pushed it slowly noticing it is slightly open.

"Lance, typical you hindi mahilig mag-lock ng pinto"

She welcomed herself to a seemingly empty cabin. No ones in the room but herself and her echoing breathe as her hearts starts to beat anxiously rapid. The cabin is filled with canvasses encircled the entire place covered in white sheets.

"Lance? Faight anu ba, he's not here... but it looked like he's been very busy with his arts these past years. Ang dami nito, para kaya sa exhibit to? "

She uncovered one slowly and was surprised to what she discovered. It is a portrait of her. A drawing when she was teaching in Tinago school before.

"what's this?"

Her curiosity leads her to another covered canvass and unveiled it and discovered the same face painted on it. This time, when she was eating her favorite food, the other one was when she's enjoying the waves crashing into the sand. One unveiling leads to another and few more until all the canvas's content was revealed.

Her eyes cannot believe what she's witnessing. Her face painted in different variations with very detailed observation into her every move and expressions.

Faight cannot contain her emotions. Her attention quickly diverted to the isolated empty room where the unique canvas once placed. She opened the door carefully and found the canvas back inside and again covered. She rubs her piercing chest enabling her heart to calm down. Faight slowly pulled down the white sheet. She stepped back, her knees weakened and her eyes widened. Her tears can no longer be contained as it poured down like a stream of water.

"ano to? anong ibig sabihin nito?" She kept crying so anxiously

While asking herself repeatedly as to why Lance had painted her face especially to that special canvas, a beam of light flashes through the windows of the cabin. Fluctuating but still, is inviting as before to a weary heart such as like Faight's.

Her eyes blink as they try to battle against the light.

"Lance?"

Without having a second thought she went outside and ran towards the trail up to the lighthouse. Faight struggled her way to get to the top hopelessly hoping that someone is waiting for her, that it is Lance.

"hindi ko alam bakit ko ginagawa to knowing kinasal kana pero nandito parin ako. I don't know what to get, but I hope it answers everything"

Meeting the same weeds huge rocks and muddy ground as before Faight is determined to reach the lighthouse.