(2) ...are never truly happy

"So why the hell am I the only one that can see you?" You asked while playing with his hair distractedly and Kook frowned minisculely.

"I ask myself that everyday..." he thought but shook his head.

"You're probably cursed or something" he joked and you shot him a scowl.

It had been over 8 months since you had first met the man -non-human, man but maybe a demon or an angel?-

Dammit.

8 months since you met Jungkook. There

He had explained everything about himself a while back, or so you thought, but there wasn't much he could remember anyways.

He was a lonely man, that much you could tell; sorrow buried deep within him.

It was then you decided that since you were the only one who could see him, it would be your duty to be there for him.

Easy.

Simple as that.

Except everyday it got harder to ignore the warmth from his sinuous body, or the way he smiled when he saw something particularly funny, to the challenging glint in his eyes when he was provoked and that was only the beginning of it.

Maybe you really were cursed because you had fallen for the one man who wasn't even human.

The type of men you fall for made you question your sanity.

But all jokes aside, Kook was different and you wanted to try and make this work despite how insane that might be.

"Kook?" You mumbled and he sleepily tilted his head your way, soothed by your soft touch.

You took in every detail of him and filed it in the portion of your mind that was completely taken up by him, and him entirely. "You never told me why you were following me that day" you pointed out but you already knew, only wanting to hear it from his own lips.

You figured it out some time ago, putting pieces of what he would tell you together until you understood.

You felt him stiffen at your statement.

Everything he had done before he met you, he had already confessed. He told you about what he saw in the room, how the world changed over the years, the sins he committed and the 1,000 people he had targeted -yet he didn't tell you what had happened to them.

You grasped his hand gently, intertwining your fingers with his. "You were supposed to do something to me right?..." you mumbled knowingly and he finally looked you in the eye.

Although he was tense, his eyes were full of compassion and warmth and he reached out to touch your skin.

The novelty of being able to feel you still hadn't worn off even after the months passed and he basked in it every time.

"Yes..." he answered reluctantly and you watched his brows furrow at the same time.

You yearned to smoothen it out but refrained from doing so when he continued. "...but nothing will happen to you, so forget about it okay?" He finished with a strained smile and despite wanting to know more, you nodded and let it drop.

He wasn't ready to say it and that was okay.

————————————————

The night the two of you shared your first kiss was permanently branded in your memories.

It was sweet, desperate and risky but you loved it anyways.