C H A P T E R N I N E

-

-

"And if I ever go back against my word and tell him everything right now, what will you do?"

"I doubt that you will."

"Yes, but if I break ties with you at this moment, what shall be my fate?"

"Oh, my old friend, you shall be begging for death before I'm even close to done with you."

-

                    Laughter echoed throughout the garden, the little girl's blue-green eyes twinkling under the still dark sky

Laughter echoed throughout the garden, the little girl's blue-green eyes twinkling under the still dark sky. It was her fourth nameday today, and she was really, really happy as she ran along the snow covered grass. Her beasty had gifted this sanctuary for her, in honor of her purity and beauty as he would say, and had mages enchant the plants so that they may dwell within the cold winter land of Galyra.

"Do not go too far off, my lady. You know how the king doesn't want you to be left alone without an eye on you." The gift's guardian warned her with a sweet smile on his face, the permanent feeling of worry can be seen in his light brown orbs as he looked to his mistress.

She giggled and nodded enthusiastically. "I know, Nowy! I just want to play, and go on an adventure!"

Norward sighed in exhaustion. The sun had barely even begun to present itself when his lady had barged into his room, demanding to be taken to her garden that Xerxes had told her about just the day before her nameday. He hadn't had any qualms with it, seeing as he didn't really get much sleep with Adelaide jumping and running noisily around in her chambers, waiting for daybreak to come but couldn't contain her excitement to getting to explore her very own sanctuary, so with the permission of the king, the two went and the little lady finally received her present from her beasty.

He proceeded to dutifully follow the little lady around the massive garden, once in awhile stopping so that he may collect some of the flowers that his mistress took an interest in to craft a small crown to be placed on top of her head. She'd thanked him, offering a kiss on his cheek before running off towards the statue of the Mother; the one that the beast king had made himself with his own bare hands.