Sad Boy (tm)

I'm too stunned to even move. I look down at myself and see no bullet hole and slowly look back up to him. "Did you just try to shoot me?" I say incredulously.

He doesn't answer and stays perfectly still. The fact that he literally just tried to shoot me slowly starts to sink in. "You just tried to fucking shoot me! Oh my god!" I flop down on the ground and just start mumbling to myself as the whole situation comes crashing down on me full force.

He still has his gun trained on me as he slowly moves closer. "What are you?"

I look up at him with wide eyes. "You can see me..." I whisper, and then I start laughing. It starts out quiet and slowly get's louder. "I'm not insane! You can see me!" I raise my arms up above my head and fall back onto the ground, elated. After giggling on the ground for a few more seconds, finally I stop laughing like a maniac and compose myself.

"Sorry. It's just that, long story short, I was gassed by Joker venom, lived, and then started getting these out of body experiences. I though it was just a side effect, that I was going insane, but as you can see," I gesture to my body a few feet away," I'm not."

He sighs and holsters his gun. "I'm not even going to pretend that I understand what's going on right now, but I believe you."

"Wait, really?" I ask, wide eyed.

"Yeah, well, I've seen stranger things." He rubs the back of his helmet and gestures his thumb at my unconscious body. "Sooo, what do you want to do about that?"

"Hmmm," I walk over to it. "I mean, last time I sorta just, feel back into it, so maybe if I..." I position myself at my feet and lean forward until I start falling. I squeeze my eyes shut and brace for impact. When nothing happens, I open my eyes only to find myself hovering inches from the ground. I manage to stand up again and try to sit in my body, and when that doesn't work I lay on the ground next to it and try rolling into it. No matter what I try, my soul won't go back into my body.

"Well eat my entire ass," I growl, frustrated. Red Hood seems amused, but then again, with his helmet on, it's hard to tell. "Do you mind taking me and my body to the cave. Bruce will know what to do."

"Honestly, just how many people is the Old Man telling his secret to now? So I suppose you know who I am then?" he sighs. When I nod, he just sighs again. He takes his helmet off and runs his fingers through his hair. "Well, I can't fit all of us on my bike, and public transport is out of the question..."

"So that just leaves us with commandeering a vehicle," I finish for him.

He looks at me and shrugs. "I was going to say steal, but, that sounds better." I grin as he slings my body over his shoulder and starts down the ally. "You coming?" I pick up my bag of bras and panties off the ground and follow him.

I follow him down a few more back-end streets until we come out on one with no one on it.

"Hold this a sec," he hands me his helmet, un-holsters his gun and expertly takes out the two security cameras within the vicinity.

"Nice shootin' there Tex," I say jokingly. Jason only grunts and sets my unconscious body down beside a car and starts picking the lock. He doesn't seem to like me very much. I get the hint and don't try to make any small talk with him.

Once he gets the door open, I lean against the car and keep watch while he tinkers with the ignition wires. After muttering curses under his breath for a minute or two, the engine finally sputters to life. I open the rear door for him as he lifts up my body and lays it down in the back seat. I toss my shopping bag in the back as well and open the front door.

I sit down in the passengers seat and place his helmet on my lap, as he gets in the drivers seat. As soon as I buckle up, he floors it and zooms through the streets of Gotham. I watch the buildings zip by in silence, illuminating the dashboard and my sleeping body in the backseat.