Doctor

Ryu had left soon afterwards without another word. Siri quickly cleaned up her wound and patched it up while the guards cleaned up the dead bodies littered all around her bedroom floor. A guard had been injured in the arm and leg and had to be helped by leaning against another guard.

"Do you have a doctor on premise?" Siri asked them.

"No, Princess, we don't." One of them answered her.

"Is an imperial doctor going to be called to help the injured and wounded?" She asked them.

"No, Princess."

"Then how are the injured and wounded going to heal?"

"We do it ourselves." The same man who answered told her.

"Is there a place where you bring the injured and wounded?" She asked.

"Yes, Princess. There is. We bring them back to the barracks."

"Take me there." She told them.

"But, Princess...."

"Do not question me. I am very knowledgable with medicine. I would like to help those who have been wounded in protecting the Prince." Siri cut him off before opening her cabinet. Inside was several Doctor's bag that she had prepared over the two years that she lived in this strange new world. She handed two bags to the man who spoke to her and she carried the other two bags.

"Vince, carry the other bags for our Princess." Ethan said. He was grateful that their new Princess offered her services to help them. However he hesitated because he wasn't sure if she knew any knowledge of medicine and was just bluffing.

When they exited her home, Ethan led the way while Siri followed with Vince following behind.

"Princess! You're safe!" Rose cried out loud.

"Of course, I'm safe. Why wouldn't I be?" She said.

"Where are you going, Princess?" Meda asked.

"Come, there are injured guards, we must help them." She ordered them. "Remember what I have taught you? Now is the time to put what I have taught you into action."

"Yes, Princess." The three of them said in unison.

They all walked to the barracks together and soon Siri heard the cries of the wounded. As they entered, the person in charge, Petra stepped forward to block their path.

"Princess, this is not a place you should be in." Petra told her sternly. "These are mens quarters and unfit for the Princess's presence."

"I am here to help heal the wounded. Either take me to the man who is in most need of a doctor, or move aside and let me and my maids do our work." She ordered him.

Petra wanted to argue with her, but he turned around and lead her to the back of the barracks where they laid one man who was heavily injured. He had a sword wound in his stomach as his blood soaked several layers of the thick cloth to stop the bleeding.

"Rose, Gilldy, you two go see to the others. You know what to do already, should you have any questions come to me. Take your bags." Siri ordered them. "Meda, you're with me."

Siri turned to the guards in the room and looked at them. "Who here can be speared to help me? I only need one person."

"Ethan can." Petra ordered. "Take care of him."

The man on the bed was Petra's younger brother. He already knew there was no way to help his brother. No way to close an open wound that injured his organs. He had already came to an understanding that his brother was a lost cause and he couldn't do anything about it, except help him die peacefully.