Chapter 12

I woke to the sound of unfamiliar voices. Who could it be? Then I remembered what happened. I was still at the hospital. I moved but a voice stopped me.

"Sweetie don't move. It will hurt" said a overly sweet voice.

I opened my eyes slightly to see a lady with a doctor uniform on and a nurse standing next to her.

"Hm" I hummed.

I had thought it all over. I was gonna tell Cameron all of the truth even if he didn't believe me. It all now depended on him. If he believed me or not. If he accepts the truth I will live happily ever after with him, that doesn't happen most of the time, if he doesn't accept it then I will stay with him the rest of the semester and then move out of the dorm room and stay with another person.

I wanted to see him.

"Um, is Cameron still here?" I asked the doctor.

"Yes, he's outside. Do you want me to call him ?"

"Yes, please" I forced a smile. This was gonna be the most hard part of your life so how could I smile. Even harder than learning how to ride a bike.

After a few seconds the door opened and Cameron came in. I tried to cover my shock. He looked like he was crying. That made me wanna cry also.

"W-Were you c-crying?"

"No" he replied quickly. I knew he was lying.

"Why?"

"I-I" he couldn't reply.

"It's okay you don't have to answer" I sighed. Why was he making this more difficult for me? Once we get home I am gonna tell him.

I wanted to know but I wasn't gonna push him to answer. I loved him. I wouldn't force him. I couldn't believe what I just thought; I loved Cameron?

"Are you okay?" He asked after a pause.

"Ya I'm fine," I smiled.

"We're gonna go home today since you're getting discharged" he smiled.

"Ok" I nodded.

-

I was now getting ready to leave the hospital. I was putting on my other clothes that Cameron bought me from the dorm. I walked out of the bathroom towards Cameron.

"Ready to leave?"

"Yes finally I can leave this hell hole" I said excited.

He laughed. I missed his beautiful laugh. I wish he would believe me once. Just once. If he only knew how much I loved him.

These thoughts made me wanna cry. My eyes started burning with tears but I couldn't let myself cry in front of him. Plus for a reason that he didn't care for. I swallowed the lump in my throat so my tears will stop.

We both left to go towards his car. I sat in the passenger seat and buckled my seatbelt.

We both left for our dorm room.

We didn't talk I just looked outside the window ignoring him. The silence wasn't uncomfortable it was actually comfortable. I could stay like this forever. If only it was possible.

Once we reached our dorm which was an half hour ago. I had changed my clothes after taking a shower. I was now curled up in my bed and was scrolling trough my social media on my laptop. I felt sad and lonely. Cameron was sitting on his bed on his phone. I felt uncomfortable because I knew Cameron kept staring at me time to time. After 10 minutes I had enough!

"What?" I turned to him.

"What?" He copied.

"Why are you staring at me...?"

"I am not staring at you" he simply replied.

"Yes you are. It's obvious. Now I'm asking why?"

"Ok, ok. Fine, I was staring" I smiled in victory.

"I knew it! Now tell me why?" I said seriously.

"Um just like that" he murmured unsure. I knew surely he wasn't sure.

"I know there's a reason tell me!" I ordered.

"Ok fine I'll tell you!"

"Ok..." I waited.

He stood up from his bed and put his phone on his nightstand. He came towards my bed while facing me. He stared at me for a few seconds.

"Yes..." I said trying to be patient. The suspense was killing me. When I needed to be patient I could be it but right now I don't know why I couldn't wait. I just needed to know what was bothering Cameron and why he was staring at me. Is there a possibility that his feelings are mutual? That made me wanna smile but I stopped myself since right now the situation was serious.

"Um, I-" he stammered.

What?

"What are you saying?" I said confused.

"I can't tell you forget it "

"No, c'mon tell me!" I pleaded.

"No, just forget it. I may tell you later," he looked down avoiding eye contact.

I wanted to know why he was staring at me. Right now and here. I wasn't gonna stop. Even if he gets mad.

"No," I repeated stubbornly several times "you gotta tell me now!"

"Look Lia, I said leave it!" He said seriously.

"No, I wanna know. You always keep staring at me and I ignore it but today I wanna know the truth. Tell me!"

He sighed.

"No,"

"Tell me!" I crossed my arms.

He started to walk towards the door. I got up quickly and went in front of the door.

"Tell me"

"Lia move "

"Nope! Not until you tell me the reason"

"Lia, move this is the last time I am telling you to move"

"No"

"Fucking move" he pushed me towards the rack, where you hang your jacket, making me hit my head.

"Ow!" I shrieked. My head started bleeding and tears started streaming down my face. Why does this always happen to me? I love Cameron so much but why doesn't he love me back? Why does he hate me so much? When I had finally decided to give up he stopped me but now he's treating me like I don't mean anything to him since he didn't even think a second before pushing me.

"Shit! Lia, I am sorry. I didn't mean to. You're bleeding. I'll go and get the first-"

"Just shut up! I am done. Get out!" I hissed. I was done with him.

"L-"

"Get. Out." I demanded.

"N-"

"Just fucking get out!" I said angrily.

"B-"

I got up from the floor and pushed him outside and slammed the door in his face. I made sure to lock it. I turned my back to the door and slid down the door, crying. Cameron started banging the door making me cry harder. Why does he always show mixed emotions? He says he doesn't love me but shows that he loves me. What should I believe ? Should I believe what he shows or says?

I got up and walked towards the bathroom to clean up my wound. Once I was done I went towards the bed and put my headphones in and started to listen to music while staring at the ceiling. Cameron had stopped banging about 5 minutes after I had slammed the door in his face. I needed to stop liking Cameron. I needed to hate him. I needed to start fresh. I had an idea.

(To be continued...)

Feedback pls ☻ x