02: Bloody Encounter

"Wangbi!" her brother excitedly waved, smiling widely

"Wangbi!" her brother excitedly waved, smiling widely. Lian uneasily glanced at the other side of the parking lot, seems like her brother has not seen Ysmael Min yet.

"Brother," she uttered silently and was about to walk towards him when someone's deep voice made her stop.

"Jacob Wang?"

The sea of students completely backed off as no one dared to speak. Jacob finally looked towards the other guy standing meters away from him. He was momentarily surprised but it was immediately replaced by a cold stare.

"Silas," he said with a clipped tone. Silas? She carefully strode towards Jacob as curiosity filled her mind. When she reached his side, her brother abruptly gripped her wrist, pulling her behind him as he glared at Ysmael, or is it Silas?

The latter smirked, "Wangbi..." he drawled tauntingly before slowly looking at Lian. His gaze startled her, causing the girl to take a small step back. "So she is Jacob Wang's princess," his smirk became much more sinister-if that's even possible.

Jacob went silent, his jaw clenched and his shoulders turned rigid. No one said anything for a while as the air was filled with tension, until a car door opened and Jordynn came out.

"Stop wasting time August," she said with a frown. First Silas, now August? How many pseudonyms does this person have?

It's her brother's turn to smirk, "Jordynn Kim?," he scoffed. "So the talks are damn true. Tell me Silas, what have you done to score the Prime Minister's daughter?"

Lian gasped, and she wasn't the only one who did. Whispers immediately followed and all she could do was glance at Jordynn. Is this why her identity has been a secret all this time? And why she has been avoiding any interaction with other people?

Though it looks like it doesn't faze the girl at all, her eyes remained emotionless and cold.

"Or should I say... how much did you give? Cash or check?"

Her eyes snapped towards her brother. She can't believe those rude words just came out from his mouth.

Seething anger became evident on Silas' eyes and as he was about to reach for Jacob's collar, his fiancée quickly stopped him by holding his arm. "Let's go," Jordynn said, her voice hard. She looked at Lian who has been staring at her, "we're late," she mumbled.

Somehow, Liandra knew she did it for her. She was starting to feel scared-this kind of situation was new to her. She had never seen her brother act and speak the way he just did. Is this it? Is this some kind of proof that he is indeed Cardinal? A member of the gang? Although she hated it, she admits that she knew this isn't the worst thing her brother could do. This was just a battle with words, what more if Jordynn didn't stop Silas? What would have happened then?

"You're all words Wang," Silas coldly uttered, looking directly at Jacob's eyes. After a few seconds, his gaze averted to Lian, "keep this in your mind Jacob; today, I just found out a very valuable information."