22

A/N I apologise on the really bad updates. I've had quite the drama going on for the last few months. TMI but imma tell you all anyway. I was talking to a guy at my local footy club, I'm close with him, his family, all his friends and it was going really well. That was until his ex contacted him wanting to 'work things out' so yea, long story short he went back to her and I've been a little down about it, trying to be okay, so ive taken a break from a lot of social media but I'm back. I'm not sure how much longer this story is going to go, we'll see. Enjoy this chapter.

I stumbled into my bedroom for the third night in a row completely pissed drunk. Mum does the usual check on me, giving me a disapproving look then closing the door going back to her own room. Only tonight she didn't check on me, she was at work since it was 5am I decided to come home and she was already at work.

I hadn't seen nor heard from Jace in 3 days. Not since he left me on the curb alone. My heart physically hurts, I was physically sick. I know I know call me a drama queen but I bloody loved him.

Laying down on my bed only made the spinning worse so i sat up on the chair in my room with a blanket caressing my phone in my shaky, cold hands. To call him or not to call him. 

Call him.

Drunk me, isn't the smartest. No judgement please. 

One ring. Two ring. Three ring. "hello" he was still half asleep.

"Jace" i tried to convince myself i didn't hear him sigh like he was sick of me. I'd be lying if i said this was the first time I've called him drunk. Drunken words and drunken hearts tell the truth don't they? That's what everyone says? Right. His silence caused me more pain and i think he knows that "When do you want me back?" 

"Katie plea-"

"No Jace, please. I am ruining myself waiting for you to come back and choose me. You threw me away like it didn't even hurt you. My heart hasn't stopped aching, you made me sick. I need you, i love you"

"You'll wake up in a few hours an be fine, take some water and an Advil and have a sleep, this will wear off"

"I don't need the recipe to cure a hangover, I need answers from you about us"

"I don't have answers Katie. I've told you this multiple times, so why do you keep ringing"

"i thought maybe if i kept calling you'd tell me" i sound pathetic and broken, but hey, guess what, that's exactly what i am. A pathetic, broken wreck of a girl. 

"Katie, you'll go to London and have the most amazing time, meet the most amazing people and i can't hold you back"

"You can visit"

"It's not the same K, and you know it isn't"

"but it -"

"goodnight Katie"

"Jace, no wait please , just no" i sobbed as i heard him sigh "Jace ple-" beeeeep. He hung up. 

"why" i screamed throwing my phone "WHY" my body actually ached from crying, rocking back and forth, my chest shaking from the endless tears and sobs. It's exhausting. Standing from the chair, keeping the blanket draped around my body i went to the one place i always went when i was sad. Crossing the hall turning the cold door handle I entered a very familiar room, my other half's room. It was still set up exactly the same, his clothes were still folded on the desk and his bed sheets crinkled from when i spent a night crying in here not too long ago. 

"Life would be easier with you here Cameron, you'd probably hit Jace into his senses or woulda never let me go there. I really don't know" I paused grabbing a pillow hugging it as if it were him "i miss you" smiling sadly "and yes I'm drunk, no judgment" i laughed letting a few tears escape "i'm kidding, i know you'd never judge me, i'm one very fucked up person but could always rely on you. Mum judges me now. Gives me that look, i don't even need to describe it cos i know you know the one i'm talking about" 

A knock on the front door startled me but i ignored it "Liam and Eli miss you. Liam and me are real close now, kinda like what we were, he's like an annoying brother. Him and Eli even broke my collar bone, it was kind of funny. I know you'd laugh" 

"KATIE" ugh. I threw the pillow down on the bed "KATIE OPEN THE DOOR" 

"talk later Cam" i closed the door leaving my emotions in there, well more specifically in the tear stained pillow. Storming down to the front door i opened it emotionless, it didn't shock me to see Liam and Eli but Jace standing in the back ground with his hands in his pocket surprised me.

"what?"

"you reek of vodka K"

"well pointed out Liam"  

They all just looked at each other a little stunned, not really knowing what to say and it was really testing my patience "why are you here?"

"oh, um we need your help" Liam mumbled shoving Jace forward "show her your arm idiot" Jace pulled up his sleeve to reveal a large gash still bleeding, the blood staining my favourite grey jumper of his "he 'fell' through a solid glass door" Eli explained. Jace briefly met eye contact with me but looked straight back down as if i didn't even exist. Ouch. 

"So you came here because?" I mumbled suddenly cold from the breeze and my lack of clothing. They all gave an annoyed look "I stitched up Cameron twice so Mum wouldn't kill him, I'm not a nurse. Go to the hospital"  i went to close the door but Eli's foot prevented this, I was almost persuaded to slam his foot in it but he's not the one i want to hurt. 

"Please" Jace mumbled meeting eyes with me "I can't go there"

"fine" i spat opening the door "jerks" i mumbled walking further into my house.

"heard that" Liam sung in my ear earning a fist to the gut "she's really not happy" no no I'm not. The boy i loved is acting as if he didn't wreck me, my friends don't really seem to care since they dragged him to my house and i'm too sober to deal with all this and can feel a headache coming on. 

DONNNNNE. New chapter soon, i hope it to be soon anyway. Like i said in my A/N at the start of the chapter I've been going through quite the guy drama at the moment and its a bit of kill joy writing about two people. I hope you understand. Much love x