Chapter 9

We danced the night away, staying until about midnight. We were one of the last people to leave. We decided to walk home and enjoy the night air. It was pleasant, but a it on the cold side.

“So, did you enjoy the evening, Beth?”

“It was very nice.” I paused, “Thank you, Kol.”

He looked confused. “What do you mean?”

“Thank you for bringing me. If you didn’t, I wouldn’t have nearly as good a time.”

He smirked, “I knew you’d warm up to me eventually.”

I laughed, I had gotten used to Kol’s banter and flirtations a while back.

Kol stopped.

“What is it?”

“I forgot.”

“Forgot what?”

“Your gift.”

I was shocked. Kol had gotten me a gift?

“You didn’t have to do that.”

“Well, I did. And now I’ve been an idiot and left it at home.”

“Do my ears deceive me? Kol Mikaelson admitting he is an idiot?”

“Shut up Bethany. I left your gift at home and now we have to go and get it.” He snapped agitatedly. I must have looked taken-aback because he apologised.

"Sorry, Beth. It just took me ages to find and now I've forgotten it."

“You can just give it to me on Monday sometime.”

“No, we are getting it now.” He said. I sighed. He wasn’t going to back down.

“Fine, but going this far in heels? Not fun.”

He smirked. Before I could stop him, he swept me off my feet. Literally. He lifted me up and then sped of with his vampire speed, with me clinging onto him for dear life. I had just started to enjoy the experience when Kol stopped abruptly in front of his house, nearly throwing me out of his arms onto the ground.

“You are surprisingly not freaked out by that experience.”

“I was starting to enjoy it. Definitely one of the perks of being a vampire.”

He smiled and started walking up the path, with me following in his wake.

The house was quiet when we went inside.

“Come on, Beth.”

I realized I had been staring at the ornate interior. I quickly followed him up the stairs.  We entered what seemed to be his bedroom. I could see his personality reflected in the room. He had a four-posted bed with red curtains. The bed itself was unmade, which really frustrated me, as unmade beds always had. I almost went and made it myself. There was a bookshelf, which contained books of no particular interest, a desk that Kol was rummaging through and an ornate lamp and chair in the corner. Nearly everything was in dark colour, though quite a bit of gold was featured throughout the room.

“Found it!” Kol exclaimed, holding up a small black box. He walked over to me, still standing in the doorway. He held the box out to me. I almost expected him to get down on one knee. I took the box from him, holding it gingerly as though it might explode. This was rather unexpected.

“Open it.”

I did, and what I saw, was beautiful.

*What do you think it is? Comment and vote!*

Damon vs Stefan? Who would win?!