30. Judgment Day

Titus POV

Six years ago...

"Brinn you shouldn't be out here. It's getting late." She rolled her eyes then continued walking down the trail. I mentally groaned as I followed after her.

Who knew taking care of an 11 year old would be this much work. Her parents were hesitant about leaving her in my custody for the summer, but I reassured them I had everything under control. Who knew this little spit fire was going to be this much trouble.

She managed to sneak past the guards and into the forest. I didn't want to punish her, sending her to her room for the rest of the day was hard for me. But she punched a member of my pack in the face, I had no choice. I do believe Arabella provoked her, but still...we are raising pups not monsters. So Brinn had to be punished.

"Stop." She ignored me and began walking even faster. Her shoulder length blonde hair bounced against her shoulders.

I was getting fed up with her stubbornness. I grabbed her by her waist and threw her over my shoulder. "Put me down." She shouted as she banged her tiny fist on my back.

I set her onto one of the big rocks near the stream, only for her to get up two seconds later. "Brinnley." I growled. Her eyes went wide before she sat back down. I sighed as I sat next to her.

I didn't want her to be afraid of me, but I also didn't want her thinking it was okay to disobey me as well. My wolf didn't take lightly to disobedience. It was a sign of disrespect.

I grabbed her small hand in mine. "Why did you sneak out?" I asked.

"Because you didn't even ask for my side of the story." She jerked her hand back and crossed her arms over her chest.

"You broke her nose Brinn. What else was I supposed to do?"

"She called me a bítch baby!" She shouted. My eyes went wide. What are 11 year olds being taught nowadays?