Chapter fifty-seven

Hello guys...

MNN's new book cover made by Winkyxx , thanks again, dear! Do you guys, like it? Me, I loveeeee itttttt.....

Follow on Instagram : infinitepeacexx

This chapter is dedicated to Anathebanana15 ...

Happy reading ^^

•••••••••••

"This morning was just epic, wasn't it, Shelly?" Alex questioned cheekily.

I chuckled when I looked up and saw Alex's grinning cheekily at Aubrey and the others. Alex did not dare look at me because Max was sitting right beside me. Connor, along with Ryder and Jake looked confused and glanced at me with questioning looks on their faces.

We were currently sitting around Aubrey and I's lunch table. Breaking news? I know! For the last three weeks, Max and I would sit outside, in the shade of a big tree to have lunch. It was just the two of us. But today, when Aubrey dragged me in the canteen, Max, along with Alex, Connor, Ryder and Jake came to sit with us. Everyone was shocked at their actions. The whole canteen had quietened down for a while, with everyone staring at us with big saucer eyes but then everyone went back to take care of their own personal businesses after digesting the fact that the bad boys left the popular table to sit with us.

Max made Ryder and Jake tag along with them. If I'm not mistaken, then, Ryder and Jake are both illegal car racers too because since they joined St-Xavier's high school on their first day which was last Monday, they were always accompanying Max, Alex and Connor. They also seem secretive and mysterious like Max. Now that I think about it, I should probably ask Max about it. I was brought out of my trance when Aubrey spoke.

"That's true. You guys know w -

Aubrey slumped into her seat when Max glared at her.

"Hey!" I nudged Max at his left side and narrowed my eyes at him for his rude behavior towards my best friend.

"Stop being violent, woman!" Max grumbled and stabbed his fork in the middle of the piece of pizza which he bought from the cafeteria.

"Look who's talking!" I muttered and he raised his fork to stab it again but I  cupped my hands over the piece of pizza, covering it away from Max murderous eyes. He stopped right in time, otherwise, he would have stabbed the fork in my right hand.

He raised one of his eyebrows at me, as if questioning my actions.

"What?" I asked through clenched teeth.

How dare he try to murder this yummy pizza?

He pointed at his plate and tried to remove my hands from around it but I shrugged his hands off.

"Babe -

"No, stop! You won't get it now." I grabbed his plate and placed it in front of Jake and Connor. They both looked at me with a look as if to ask are-you-crazy-or-what?

"Eat up while it's still hot, it tastes much more better. Try it" I gestured for them to eat the piece of pizza before it would cool down.

"You wouldn't dare -

Max stopped talking when Jake grabbed the piece of pizza and took a large bite out of it. Heck! It's as if he took half of it at one go and swallowed it without munching on it. I grimaced at him while Connor just pushed the plate slowly in front of Jake. How could boys eat like that? Is it because they have big mouths?