You meet Zane

You were babysitting your friends siblings while she was on a date with her boyfriend, both of her parents worked so when she begged you to watch them you couldn't say no .

You took both of them to the park , they brought a soccer ball along to play with . After about an half an hour of running around with them you decided to take a break and sit on a bench. The only bench you could find near the field the kids were playing in was already occupied. A guy that looked about your age was sitting there his legs crossed and eyes closed, you guessed that he was meditating. He looked kinda pale and had blonde hair that nearly looked white.

You quietly crept up to the bench and sat down leaving some distance between the both of you so you didn't disturb him . Unfortunately it didn't work he opened his eyes and greeted you with a smile . His icy blue eyes stared into yours .

" Greetings "

" Hello "

" Beautiful day isn't it ?"

" Yea it's pretty nice today " you agreed .

" What brings you to the park ? " he questioned.

" Well I'm just babysitting those two kids " you said while pointing a finger in their direction.

"I see "

" Why are you here ?"

" It's nice for one to get out and have some alone time , also my brothers are really rowdy today "he stated matter a factly .

You just nodded and looked back at your friends siblings, making sure that they didn't get into any trouble. The silence kinda left you uncomfortable but you ignored it . Only two minutes had passed and the blonde boy sighed .

" I'm sorry am I bugging you ?" You asked .

" No not at all I'm just a bit distracted today, by the way my name is Zane Julien , I find it rude that I didn't introduce myself "

" ( y/n)"

" It's a pleasure meeting you "

" likewise "

You both stared at each other for a while and both looked away blushing. Why did you have to be so socially awkward? Wanting to break the ice a little more you were going to ask him his age or something like that when you heard your friends little brother scream your name . You sprung up from the bench and ran to them .

" What's wrong ? What happened?"

Your friends little sister pointed to the lake in the park and you saw the soccer ball floating in the water .

" We need our ball back " she pouted.

Instantly cringing you realized that you probably had to get in the water to get it back .

" I'm not so sure if I can get it back we will probably have to wait for it to float closer to shore ."

" We want it back now !" She demanded.

"Now ?"

"NOW!" She screamed.

" Fine " you groaned .

Looking around for a stick you grabbed the longest one you could find and took off your shoes and socks and rolled up you jeans . Only being in ankle deep water made you shiver , it was the beginning of spring ,after all winter just ended. Now you were in knee deep water , how in the world did they get the ball out this far ? You looked to shore and saw them grinning evilly . You then realized that they did this on purpose. Your friend did always tell you that they were "evil" but you didn't believe her until now . Being as far as you were you decided to get the ball anyways . Unfortunately you tripped on a rock that you couldn't see .

" NO !" You screamed, feeling like you were saying it in slow motion but before you could face plant into the water you felt someone grab your arm .

You looked and saw Zane the guy you were talking to earlier.

" What are you doing in the lake ?!"

" What ever happened to saying thank you?"

" Well thank you but .."

"I was going to get the ball for you , so you wouldn't have to get wet ."

" You didn't have to , I was doing just fine in my own "

" Not from where I'm standing , now please get back to the shore to avoid anymore possible accidents "

" No I have to get the ball "you looked in the direction the ball was in but didn't see it there . " where did it ?"looking at Zane you saw the ball in his hands .

" How did you ? "

" Does it matter ? "

" I guess not "

Both if you walked to the shore , you took the ball from Zane's hands and kept it .

" I'm sorry kids but your not playing ball anymore, you can go play on the playground "

" Fine !" They both stuck their tongues out then ran to the playground.

You sat back down on the bench shivering, you hated that you got cold so easily.While putting you socks and shoes back on , you felt something get draped over your shoulders . Zane had taken his hoodie off and given it to you .

" Thanks but you really don't need to ..."

" Just take it , I admire your independence " he interrupted you .

"I try to be and thanks " you replied.

" Anytime, is that little boys name Brad by chance ?" He questioned.(from darklys bad boy school;) )

" Um yea why ?"

" No reason , if you will let me I would like to help you out with him because I know how much of a handful he can be ."

You wanted to say no . One , because you knew your friend would nag on you about what happened and that she was right. And two because you wanted to prove that you could handle this , but could you ? After all you almost became a victim of one of his pranks but luckily Zane was there ..... Darn ! You knew you needed his help . You didn't want to see what else Brad had in store for you .

" Yea , I would like that "

" Great"

Both you and Zane watched them for two more hours. Your friend showed up to take them home but had a huge smirk in her face when she saw that you were hanging out with some guy . You glared at her , signaling for her to shut up and bug you about it later . Then she left with her siblings.

You collapsed in the grass exhausted. "Thanks for the help Zane , that was way harder than I thought."

" Of course , it was a pleasure, next time you have to babysit him call me , I won't mind helping " he handed you a fortune cookie paper , his number was written on the back .

" Here " you wrote your number on a gum wrapper. " Just in case i do call you , that way you will know it's me calling "

" Thank you , I hope we meet again soon "

" Me too "

You both waved goodbye to each other . You flipped the fortune cookie paper over to read the fortune just for fun and read .

"You will meet someone special today"

You laughed " How cliché , that's ridiculous" but was it ?

A/N : man this one was hard I like how it turned out but I was just spitballing this one . Zane is such a blank slate and his personality is so hard to read . Hope you guys liked it . Will update when I can ♥️