Four

« 4—CAKE AND DAGGERS »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~ "I know that I put it back here somewhere," Alec turned his head to scan the room

~~~•~~~
"I know that I put it back here somewhere," Alec turned his head to scan the room.

The whole space was covered with weapons, ranging from long swords and katana's to short daggers, which Talia was definitely going to be using in the future.

Alec was walking slightly ahead of her, his face forming into a frown when he couldn't locate Talia's things.

Talia swivelled herself around the room until her eyes landed on a small table at the very back of the room, on which she saw the retracted handle of her seraph blade with her intial's carved on it.

"There," She tells him as she began walking over to the table. Alec turned and saw where she was headed and followed closely behind the tall girl, her long brown hair flowing behind her.

She reached for her blade, but when she held it in her hand she felt a cold substance covering it, Talia rolled it into her other hand and saw dried blood staining the hilt. She grimaced and rubbed the blood that had come off on her hand onto her pants. Talia spun to face the bright blue eyes that belonged to Alec Lightwood.

"Still has some blood on it," She sighed, turning away from Alec's eyes and back down to her weapon, holding it up slightly so that he could see. Talia noticed that the other initials that were engraved on the blade were covered in the blood, leaving only hers distinguishable.

Alec smiled when he saw her engraving, still looking at the object, "You did this?" Talia nodded, biting her lip, his tone being anything but scolding, but the girl was still nervous of his reaction for some reason, "Making the weapon your own, that's good."

Talia smiled lightly as he held out the weapon to her, she took it and put the unactivated blade by her side, "I'm going to clean this off, if that's ok?"

Alec nodded, crossing his arms over his chest, "Yeah, I have to go find Izzy anyway, so I'll leave you to that."

Talia smiled once before turning on her heel and making her way out of the room, throwing Alec a quick glance over her shoulder as he followed her with his eyes the entire way down the stairs, a smile playing on his lips.

But, her mood quickly changed once she saw Clary running out of another section to the training room with Jace on her heels. Talia furrowed her eyebrows as she quickly hurried to catch up to them to see what was wrong.

"Clary, look, will you just calm down?" Jace says, reaching for Clary's arm to pull her to face him.

"Calm down?" Clary shouts at him, pushing his shoulders away from her. Talia quickly rounded the corner and looked at the pair, briefly catching the attention of the two before Clary continued, "Really, calm down? Okay, Jace, you might be some kind of emotionless G.I. Joe, but-"