Ch. 43 - Nanniversary

"Happy one year and three week Nanniversary!"

I cover my mouth with my hand and take in the over-the-top decorated house. To my left, there's the Kennedy family and, to my right, there is a lifesize cardboard cutout of myself. There's a slideshow of photos playing on the TV so The Nanny theme song. Streamers and balloons cover all of the walls. This is one-hundred-percent the Kennedy's way.

"You didn't," I say slowly, standing closer to take a look at the cutout.

"That was my idea," Jonas announces proudly. "Adds some real flare."

I shake my head and crouch down to give the twins a hug, then Ethan. I take Bethany in my arms before kissing Addison and Jonas' heads. Elliott puckers his lips, and I just push his arm lightly and laugh.

"This is unbelievable," I say. "Bethany, did you plan this whole thing?"

She nods and giggles with delight as I tickle her sides.

"Come on, Ivy," Crystal urges, taking my hand in hers, "sit at the table!"

I follow her into the dining room and sit at the end seat decorated with newborn balloons that read, "it's a girl!"

"So, what's on the menu tonight?" I ask as the rest of the family sits around the dining table.

"Courtesy of Chef Liott," Elliott announces proudly and lifts the lid to a silver platter filled with grilled cheese sandwiches.

I smile and meet his eyes. "How'd you know I've been craving your gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches?"

He shrugs. "I know that's not the only thing you've been craving of mine," he says and wiggles his eyebrows.

Jonas gags. "Hello! Children are present!"

"No one asked you, Jonas," Elliott fires back.

Jonas sticks out his tongue, and Elliott immediately mimics his brother by sticking out his tongue as well.

"Can we just have a nice meal for Ivy's nanniversary?" Addison asks. "For once you two could stop fighting."

"I'm not fighting," Jonas defends.

"Yeah, who said we were fighting?" Elliott asks, wearing a smile. "Sounds to me like you're the one trying to pick a fight, Ad."

"True," Jonas says and points at Elliott. "Why do you always have to fight us, Ad?"

Ethan and the twins cheer in agreement with Jonas and Elliott.

Addison rolls her eyes and turns to look at me. "Do you see what I have to live with? Gosh, I miss having you around."

I laugh and place a grilled cheese sandwich on my plate. "At least you have Bethany to keep you sane." Bethany throws her food onto the floor and starts laughing maniacally. "I spoke too soon."

"So, Ivy," Jonas changes the conversation to avoid being the one to clean up Beth's mess, "how's your love life going?"

I glance over at Elliott, who has already gotten out of his seat to clean up the mess. "Uh. It's... It's going."

Elliott snorts.

"Good for you," Jonas says. "Mine sucks, by the way. I'm not making things about me or anything, but it sucks."

"Way to not make things about you, Jo," Elliott says, crouching on the floor with a paper towel in his hand.

Jonas just nods. "Yeah, so I'm just trying to keep things steady. I try to talk to Jett about it, but it seems his love life is going quite swimmingly, yes? No?"