Wattpad Original
There are 19 more free parts

20. A Broken Promise

After eating a mound full of food at the tavern, Levi's puppy brown eyes locked onto Elena. His head went lopsided as he watched her, swallowing a lump of chicken as he did so. She was leaning over the bar, her head propped up on her hands as she stared fondly towards him, a loving gleam in her sharp yellow eyes.

There was something about the woman that seemed oddly familiar to Levi. There was something recognisable to him. He just couldn't remember. He tapped his forehead and bit down on his lips as he thought to himself. He groaned like a child when he couldn't think of where he had seen her before.

Elena blinked, fluttering her eyelashes, and brushed her long black hair behind her shoulder. A waft of the sea enticed Levi's senses, and it was then that he remembered her and the promise he had made. A big broad smile spread from ear to ear across his face.

"It's you!" Levi beamed. "You look pretty!"

Elena softly chuckled an innocent laugh that had some of the locals looking up in her direction in surprise. The dark and mysterious landlady never laughed with such innocence.

"Hello, Levon. Took you long enough to remember me. You're usually quicker than that." She elegantly smiled. "Don't go telling anybody about me. It's our little secret." She tapped his nose.

Levi nodded continuously, not listening to her anymore. His concentration was back on his food. Elena girlishly giggled. He hadn't changed, not in the slightest. Until the time was right, she knew Levi could keep her secret and his promise.

"Do you have Jess' sword?" His hands were darting between the different plates of food set before him as he continued to stuff his face. Using his super speed earlier had taken the energy out of him.

"I do indeed." Elena snapped her fingers, and the rapier sword appeared strapped to his back.

He quickly glanced over his shoulder.

"Thanks," he beamed, not at all bothered that she had used magic. He had seen her use it before, so it wasn't something new to him.

"You're most welcome." She suddenly looked serious, and her eyes sharpened and a dark aura clouded over her. "Look after Jessica. She's very important to me, and she will help you complete the promise you made."

"I know." Levi swallowed, his mouth full of food, and slowly looked up to meet her sharp gaze, for once a serious expression on his usually kind-natured face. "I will not let anyone harm her. Jess is my friend!"

With that Elena relaxed, and her smile soon became clear again. She knew Jessica was in capable hands. "Good. Now run along. She is waiting for you."

Using his cursed soul, Levi sprinted off, forcing Elena's smile to disappear into a thin red line.

"He forgot," she mumbled angrily to herself. "He knows not to leave without..."

"I almost forgot!" He sprinted back into the bar and leaned over the counter, a cheeky grin on his cheerful face before he stole a kiss from her, taking the breath out of her. "I'm going to marry you one day!"

His lips landed on hers one last time before he sprinted back out, leaving a trail of dust behind him and a very red-looking landlady. Every man in the tavern had fallen silent, all of them awed by what they had just witnessed. No man dared to touch the landlady, let alone kiss her.

Who was this boy that had captured the heart of Elena Sharp? It was evident in her eyes as she placed her fingers to her lips and slowly smirked to herself that she was in love.

Elena had been in love with Levon since the day she met him many years ago when he stole her heart. She chuckled to herself at the fond memory, something she would always remember and never forget.