Caleb 1

Caleb POV

Pressure is the wrong word to use. More getting admired by all your friends.
My family doesn't get it. They think my friends pressure me to become a terrible version of myself, but they're not.

What would you do if you had the popularity, girls and a great high school career at your feet? Wouldn't you take it? Well I did.

It started with basketball first, I never played it before. But at my try outs I was the best, coach told me I had it in me. That I was natural.
It was the only thing I was better at than my siblings.

Then Harper, who introduced me to more and more people. She wasn't so bad after all. Ambitious and sneaky, it was kind of hot.

Today was game day and we had to play against our rivals. Coach told me we usually loose, but he sees great potential in me. He thinks I'll be a star...

"Mom are you coming?" I ask her, waiting impatiently to go to my game.

"Yes, wait a minute!" She called and depressed some snacks over the table. What was that for?

"Clara!" She called and Clara run downstairs.

"Here are some snacks, dad will be home in an hour. If you need anything call me or ask Elijah. Have fun, baby." She kissed her cheek as I frowned.

Have fun? She was going to my game. I don't get what's happening.

"You're coming along, aren't you?" I ask her, a sad smile appears on her face.

"Sorry, Caleb, I'm having a sleepover, I'll come to the next one." She apologises.

My eyes widen when the bell went, mom opened it to see Lucy and Ambrosia. Ugh, that stupid Ambrosia! She ruins everything!

"You're giving me up for her?!" I snap at Clara, a glare forms on her face.

"Maybe I should go." Ambrosia comments, trying to get away.

"Yeah, go!" I yell at her. She's stealing my twin sister!

"No! Ignore him, Am! He's going away anyways." Clara pulls her inside and throws me an outraged look.

"Maybe you should go." She snaps at me.

Before I can explode against her, my mom takes me to the car. The entire ride I was mocking and being grumpy. Tonight was supposed to be amazing, my entire family there to see me become a legend. But they all didn't care.

"Honey, you need to understand your sister-" I cut my mom off.

"She just replaced me for that bitch." I growl.

"Language!" She exclaims, I resist the urge to roll my eyes. My mom was way too innocent for curse words.

"What I mean is that she lost a lot of close friends of her. She's trying to make new ones. Your sister has a hard time." Mom sighs.

I grew silent, how did I not know that. Why didn't she tell me? How couldn't I see it? Normally I would just know by one look how she was feeling. Now I felt like we were perfect strangers.

We slowly arrived at school and mom joined some other mothers as I went to go change.
The guys greeted me, all excited, while I felt angry.
Angry at Clara.
Angry at me.
We had a bond so good and now we have nothing, or it feels like it.

"Come on, Grace, we all have faith in you!" Coach yelled and the guy's cheered, a smile spread on my lips.

The team run out to the game and I followed, I need to push my thoughts aside but I couldn't. So I used my rage into the game.

-----------------------------------------

Everybody was cheering their heads of. We had just won and I had become a legend. The team raised me up and threw me in the air, higher and higher every time. I felt like I was flying into cloud nine. The happiness was indescribable.

My mom waved from the crowd, a proud smile spread over her face. I grin back and slowly let myself drop to the ground. I noticed Harper coming over, she jumps in my arms and I just hug her because I'm so happy.

"You rocked it, Cal, I told you I could make this happen for you." She whispers in my ear.
I lay my arm around her waist and don't let go of her just yet.

"Party at my place!" She screams and everybody cheers even louder.

She starts to pull me along and I look at my mom, who stands waiting at the door for me.

"What's going on?" She asks, I look around at my friends, all looked at her in admiration even Harper.

"Harper is throwing a party for the win. Can I go?" I ask still smiling like an idiot.

"Yes, but-" I cut her off by kissing her cheek.

"Thanks mom, love you!" I yell and we all run outside.
I even carry Harper when she stumbles with her high heels.
It was all so perfect and I didn't want it to end.