107: The Voice

The once deep in slumber citizens of Drakon now awoke from Raize's influence, and have started to recollect their normal lives with little to no clues.

With their Monarch still in tact, normalcy shall return in the city very soon. And within a certain Goth Mansion, three people resumed their council undeterred.

"123 souls out of 300... I'd say that's a feat in itself without rest. Something I cannot achieve in my current state. Oh how you impress me so." Raize said bemused as he stared down on several beautiful marbles in a glassed vase.

They are set in varying hues aglow.

"I know this may seem like a stupid question to you two, but why are there different colours...?"

Then Raize glanced towards Lea's direction to Nia's query, expecting a well-thought out response. And without fail, she read through the atmosphere with rasp attention.

She cleared her throat with a soft cough then informed, "In theory, essences are influenced by their environment. Such as plants are usually green, woods are usually yellow, while blue is water. I believe these knights' souls represent their thoughts."

Nia frowned, while Raize nodded his head in understanding. Then it was him who enlightened Nia's confusion.

"When you have nothing; no knowledge of anything, your soul is white. A foolish white. If you are educated, a very wise one, your soul would be violet. . This is what we would see in a colour spectrum. While red is the lowest form of representation of thoughts by color. This is much like the visible spectrum of colors, or in simpler form, a rainbow that normal human eyes can see."

Nia felt heavy with his ignorance. He had never been taught before, and neither has he ever picked up a book for he cannot read. Met with such difficult concepts, he felt resigned to give up. Although no one could possibly blame him, for the knowledge of Science in Sabio was not that advanced. Alas, he was curious enough to ask.

When Lea noticed his depressed mind and heart, she felt an urge to do something. Without delay, she grabbed for a paper lying on the Study table and a pen inside the drawers. The pen required to be dipped in ink, and luckily there was one within the drawer as well.

Raize immediately understood her intentions and he too grabbed for whatever coloured pens he could gather from his luggage. He could only pick out red, blue and black. Then he laid it out on the table where Lea was working on a diagram.

She smiled at his actions, and immediately got to work.

Once done, she dragged Nia to take a look.

He pondered over the simple chart for a while before Lea decided to indicate the colors in the spectrum. "Although there are colors not in this spectrum, it still shows you the frequency of each color by order. In layman term, the more sensible thoughts pass through your mind, the higher your compatibility with essences is, causing your soul to tinge a color leaning towards this side, the purple hue.

"Let us see the marbles in this vase. This is the soul of a priest, what color do you see?"

And like a good student he is, Nia replied dutifully, "Green?"

"And what does that tell you?" She gently asked.

"He is... hmm... well, smart?"

She gave a slight nod. "But not enough. He is mediocre."

"Then how about me?" Nia pointed to himself.

Gazing at him, Lea did not want to say the honest truth, but she felt resigned to respond. "You are a stupidly one of a kind that is not considered in human color spectrum. But your soul is.... an orange hue?" She said reluctantly, while successfully analyzing Nia's strength on a different scale than that of humans'.