Prologue

I'm being dragged. I can feel the rich cold soil along with the pebbles and rocks under my bare feet. Panic escalated through every fiber of my being as soon as I gain consciousness. I've tried to pry my eyes open but ended miserably. My eyelids seemed too heavy to be lifted, completely immovable. The throbbing of my temples never was a bit of help.

I am paralyzed ..

The intense pain on my spine kept me awake as every nerve of my body shouts damage. I cannot will my body to do my bidding. My skin crawls with fear of what might happen any minute from now. The chilly breeze the night brings only worsened my condition making my insides tremble and churn.

Slowly, I am getting every bit of the idea of pain inflicted on every inch of my body. I'll never get to see another day. I'll never survive.

This is my end. This thought kept on coursing through my brain. My own pity party was cut instantly when I was released by the person holding me. Dragging me, specifically. The sudden contact on the earth's surface with my sore back made me wince. Hearing me, the person stopped halfway on turning his back.

"Well, isn't it nice to finally hear from you? It's good that you're still alive. " A male voice spoke from above me. Yup. It's official. I'm with a complete stranger with much more stranger circumstance on how I ended up in the situation I am currently in.

This is not good at all. Too far from it.

Guess the only good thing right now is that I still got my mind working. Maybe, just maybe I could think of a plan to escape.

After a few seconds, I heard his footsteps fading, followed by the jingling of chains and a creepy sound of an opened gate.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.

Another wave of panic struck me making my heartbeat pounding hard against my chest. My fear slowly crushing my hopes, like a candle slowly withering as time passes by.

Worst case scenarios constantly playing in my head. Images of me, all bloody and torn to pieces as the cops discovers my body parts in an old abandoned building played instantly with the feeling of dread in its wake downed me.

Once again, the man came back and tried to lift me up. I heard him groan as he takes slow steps with me in his arms. There's something wet and sticky brushing my cheeks, coming from his body. It's not sweat, that I'm sure. Then it hit me.

Blood!!

That must be it! I shivered upon the realization. But whose blood could it be? Was it mine? Or is it from his other victims? Does that mean I'm not the only unfortunate person ever to experience this?

Pursuing the plan on escaping, I focused on the goal...to survive..to leave in one piece. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get any plan formulated.

My mind is blank, as if a bulb just shut off, shattering the sparkle of hope left in me.

I'm doomed!

What's the essence of my courage now? How could it even be useful if I can't even come up with a poor excuse of a plan? Great. Just great! So much for the 'oh so determined to survive'. Turned out I cannot say I can work under pressure on my application letter, if i ever get to write any of those. Not that I don't wish to. I do. Considering the things to be considered, I gotta admit. I don't stand a chance on getting out of here.

Hell, I can't even peel my eyes open. How much more to break on a run? I'm battered out. My body's like in chaos, sanity almost at the edge.

I didn't notice that we have entered the house or whatever this place is, 'til the man put me on the ground and went to shut the door. I'm lying on a tiled floor. Its coldness seeping through my bones, completely covered with dust like it has been untouched and clung on my skin. A click sounded and then light filled the room. A chair scraping the floor made me flinch.

My senses on high alert gave me a view on what is going on around me. Calming my self was harder than I thought and hyperventilating would be the death of me if I wouldn't get my shit together.

Deep breaths and a lot of self-convincing finally made me a lot calmer. I won't give this guy the satisfaction that he seeks. My ears perked up catching the man's words making me listen closely.

"Hello, Drake. " coughing, the man spoke. "Yeah, it's me. We're here. " He paused, giving the other person who I presumed is a guy named Drake some time to respond.

He draws a breath, "it's bad. There's too much damage but she'll survive. "

This must be his accomplice he's talking to. I'm not even surprised that this guy wasn't working alone. They're probably planning on the next type of torture they want to have with me.

With a sigh, the man continued. "You need to come quickly. I'm not in good condition for another attack. "

Attack? What attack? Is there going to be a rescue mission sent for me? Or are we in some war or something? I'm totally not informed that this guy is a psycho so don't be so surprised that I'm actually freaking out.

"Okay. See you in the morning. " The man said and ended the call, slamming his hand on the table afterwards. The sound resonated, disrupting the silence that almost made me jump if only I'm not completely stoned on my place. Everything is eerily quiet that you would simply think that something might jump out of the corner and bite your neck, until it's too late.

Sudden movements of the man made the chair give off a noise. His footsteps were uneven like he had some trouble walking, somehow limping. He hissed in pain as he ascends what I presumed as a flight of stairs with the way the floor creaked with his weight.

I just lay there, unable to move. Crickets sang their national anthem with the continuous tic-tac of the clock, and the stillness of the night. Darkness is my only companion, solemn music provided by nature mystically driving me calm. Comforting me temporarily as I erase all possibilities that comes with the reality of my life being in danger.

Drifting in and out of sleep, I listened once more on the deadly silence. I put every ounce of strength to stay awake, but sleep engulfs me. Overpowering the remaining ounce of force left in my body.

My body fully shut down. Surrendered on the sweet pleasure of a deep slumber. Before I could totally fall on the abyss, a parting voice whispered in my ear. Giving up the fight for consciousness, I paid no mind on the voice that mumbled words I don't seem to understand.

Again, I fall on pure darkness...