Chapter 13

Julian's P.O.V

"Am I good now?" Aiden asks as he walks into the office, his scent emitting throughout the room. Without any say in the matter my legs lead me towards him, I grab his shirt collar pulling him into me so I can inhale the intoxicating fragrance. Smiling continently I continue to breath in the familiar scent.

"Much better." I say pulling away as I grab my bag before throwing him his own. We had the training session in about thirty minutes and then the meeting later with the team leaders. "We haven't really talked about how we'd do this you know."

"We can just pin a pack member against one from the other pack. We'll see the strengths and weaknesses." He says with a shrug as we start walking to my pack, since we didn't have a car and that's where it was being held.

"Sounds good, we should have everyone do a piece from each of our usual regiments though." I suggest which he agrees to. "But no rogue hunting."

"Way to kill a culture." He grumbles. "We don't do it all the time you know, just when needed."

"Sure." I say sarcastically, we continue to walk in silence on the clear dirt road.

"Oh my goddess, is that a tiger?!"
My head snaps in the direction where Aiden pointed to, only to find nothing. "Seriously, you fell for tiger? We live in the woods Jewels."

"How are you so immature?" I grumble shoving pass his shoulder as I walk faster desperate to end this unnecessary walk with the simpleton who was my mate.

"How are you so uptight?" He says jogging to catch up to me, he started jogging in front of me as I walked forcing me to look straight at him.

"I am not uptight." I retort in a bored tone.

"You talk like a eighty year old professor and I've never once seen you let loose. It's always work and that cold, emotionless face." He says making me stare at him in disbelief.

"I don't talk like an eighty year old man you dimwit!" I snap making him laugh.

"See, normal teens would've said asshole or prick. You called me a dimwit and regularly say imbecile." He says with a cocky smile.

"And you're going to trip over a rock." I say making his head snap back, he loses focus as he trips over his feet and crashes straight to the floor. Alex winced a little but I could hear him snickering a bit, he could relate to the hatred we felt for a while so I think he couldn't help but feel a little pleasure in that. I laugh at his fallen form as I stop walking to look at him spit out some dirt.

"When I get my hands on you!" He shouts making my laughter stop, I don't waste anytime as he starts getting up, I take off at full speed with a wide smile on my face. I could hear his steps behind me as he struggled to catch up, a chuckle escaped me when I looked back to see his enraged heaving self. Laughing uncontrollably I continued running or at least I try to, the laughing slowed me down as I clenched on to my stomach. Not surprisingly he gains on me and tackles me to the ground before I can recover, sending us tumbling off the road and into the grass at the side.
I can't help but continue laugh when I open my eyes to see him covered in grass and panting as he looked down at me with slightly amused eyes, his shades lost in the collision.

"Y-You look ....like a-a nature freak." I say in between my laughter as I pluck a twig out his hair which just makes me laugh even harder.