Chapter One - Warning: (Soul) Breaking News

I sit next to Ranka as I flip though the channels, bored.

"Charlotte, if your so bored, do you want to go watch Haruhi go shopping?" Ranka leans forward, hands on his knees.

"You can if you want. I'm staying here. School starts tomorrow. I need to be ready. Thanks though," I wave my hand carelessly.

"Okie dokie," Ranka kneels down and ruffles my hair, before throwing on his 'disguise', and leaving the apartment. I finally settle on letting the news play as white noise when I get up to make a sandwich.

I'm halfway done when I hear something coming from the television. "... Ciel Phantomhive from England is coming to help with the ongoing investigation of the Nekko Murders, a serial killing spree of high school students in the Ouran area..."

My plate drops to the ground, the ceramic shattering around my feet. No... He can't...

I stumble back. Ciel coming to Japan? Never! No. I just heard it. It can't be true.

But it is true, Char, no matter how much you deny it. You heard on the news. He's coming. And since the murders have been happening in the Ouran area, he would be coming to your school.

"Ciel..." I mutter. If Ciel comes, then he would have to bring that demon with him. That demon made me who I am today.

In remembering that fateful night, my eyes flash red. No! She can't come back! No! Your trapped in my mind, and your never coming out!

But I'm always here, Charlotte. I'm never leaving.

Yes! You can leave! You can!

No. I can't. I'm with you forever, Charlotte. Don't deny the demon inside you!

"Charlotte? Charlotte, are you okay?" Haruhi kneels down at my side. I realize I'm bleeding, and was shouting.

"W-wha? Oh, I'm f-fine, Haruhi-chan," I blink, my eyes returning to their blue. My breathing is shuddery. I'm fine.

"Give me a second, I'll patch you up," Haruhi grabs my arm and takes me back to the living room, the TV still flashing with the news. Another girl gone. She was murdered, with another headband with cat ears on her head. Sujin struck again.

Ranka appears in the doorway, but as soon as he sees me, he's next to me. "What happened, Charlotte? I was only gone for half an hour."

"I just dropped a plate. That's all," I explain. I swallow. "Bu- but... Ciel is coming to Japan."

Ranka's jaw drops, and Haruhi nearly drops her bowl of water and the first aid kit as she walks into the room.

"B-but you said he-" Ranka starts.

"I know, I know. He's coming to help with with Nekko Murders. But that's not the thing. He's going to bring Sebastian," My hands start trembling.

"Isn't he the man who...?" Haruhi nods at me as she sits next to me.

"Yeah," I look down. Ranka and Haruhi Fujioka are the only two people, besides Ciel and Sebastian, that know about me, and my circumstances. I ran away a year ago, and Ranka volunteered to be my guardian after I was taken by the police. They learned the hard way what I'm capable of. I nearly slaughtered at gang of perverts, and they watched. Surprisingly, they were oddly understanding.

Without anymore words on the subject, Haruhi wraps my hands, and cleans up the plate shards. We are eating dinner when all of a sudden, a tears makes it way down my cheek. Soon, it's two, than three, and before I know it, I'm sobbing at the table.