Questioned

"Miss Wells, can you tell us what happened one more time?" I nodded. "I was chaperoning my niece on her field trip when I heard gunshots. I told everyone to get down and I counted the shots until 16 when his gun was empty. I grabbed my gun from my purse and turned towards him. He reloaded and pointed it at the group of children I was chaperoning. His finger was on the trigger, so I fired twice, aiming at his chest. I told the kids I was a doctor and asked Mrs. Wilson and Nikki to help me tend to the kids who were hit." The investigator from IAB nodded. "You're niece? You mean Nikki Reagan?" I nodded. "My soon to be niece. I'm engaged to her uncle, Jamie Reagan."
"I see. Thank you for your time Miss Wells."

I set my bag down and let out a long sigh. The second I sat down on the couch Jamie wrapped me in a blanket and pulled me into him. "What's wrong?"
"I don't know, I just thought they would try to twist my words or something. But they didn't." He put his arm around me. "I'm sure you're fine Amari. Just don't worry about it okay?" I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. He put his hand on my stomach and Kaia kicked. The happiness in his eyes were blinding. I blinked away tears. "That's our baby girl Jamie. She can't wait to meet her daddy."

4 Months Later
I was 9 months pregnant and testifying against Diego. After months of investigation, they found out that he ordered the hit on me. Unfortunately, Jamie couldn't be there, because he was also testifying, so he was working. I was finally called to the stand by Erin and as I walked up, I felt a throbbing ache in my back and  lower stomach. "Miss Wells, can you tell us what happened when you got shot?"
"I was being driven to work and I realized that in 4 of the cars around us, the people in the passenger side had guns. There was one in front, in behind us, and two on either side of us. I pointed this out to Detective Reagan and Detective Curatola, who were driving me. I heard gunshots and felt a pain in my shoulder." I gripped the edge of the stand as the pain got stronger. I had been getting mild contractions, about 30-40 minutes apart, by they were getting stronger and more frequent. "Amari, do we need to take a break?" I shook my head, the pain had faded. "I'm fine."
"Alright. Miss Wells, who did the Detective say ordered the hit?" The pain was fading until I felt a burst of water. "Erin." She didn't hear me. "Erin! My water broke." She looked up at me, as did the judge and the jury. "Mrs. Reagan, we will recess next week. Take her to the hospital." She nodded and grabbed my arm to help me up. "Thank you your honor. Amari, c'mon. I'm driving you to the hospital." I nodded and she walked me to her car. 8 minutes later, the pain was back. I tried to take deep breaths. I dialed Jamie's number and listened as it rang. 1, 2, 3, 4 rings and he didn't pick up. I took a deep shaky breath and tried one more time. Again, no answer. I then tried his partner, only to receive the same result. "Why doesn't anyone pick up their damn phone?" Erin gave me a small smile. "Amari, breathe." I nodded and dialed Danny. Of course, nothing. Finally, I decided to call Frank. The phone barely rang once. "Office of Police Commissioner Frank Reagan."
"Baker, I really need to talk to Frank."
"Of course Amari. I'll tell him you're on the line." I sighed and Frank's voice greeted me over the line. "Amari, are you okay?"
"Not really. Can you please tell everyone to meet me at the hospital, Erin is driving me and no one is picking up the phone."
"I'll call everyone. I'm on my way."
"Thanks Frank." I hung up dialed another number, one I was reluctant to. "Devyn, listen. I know we don't get along but I want you to be there when your niece is born."
"I'm on my way."
Erin pulled into the hospital parking lot. We walked in and up to the desk. "Hi, how can I help you?"
"Amari Wells. My water broke about 20 minutes ago and my contractions are 8 minutes apart." She nodded and got me a wheelchair. "Also, can you call Linda Reagan and tell her what's going on?" She nodded again and wheeled me to the maternity ward. Erin held my hand through another painful contraction as Linda rushed in, still in her scrubs. She came to my side. "Amari. I came as soon as I heard. How far apart are your contractions?"
"8 minutes, but it's getting shorter." Erin and Linda held my hands through 10 minutes, yet another contractions, and a doctor checking to see how far I'm dilated before Devyn, Jamie, Frank, Danny, Pops, Jack, Sean, and Nikki walked in. Devyn and Jamie ran to be next to me. Jamie stroked my hair and held my hand. Devyn leaned down and whispered in my ear. "I was wrong. You're cop boyfriend is a hell of a guy. And you're gonna be part of a good family." I grinned and looked up at her. "I know Dev."