13: James, Peter, and Remus II

CHRISTMAS AT HOGWARTS WASN'T the same for James Potter, Peter Pettigrew, and Remus Lupin without Sirius Black and Arabella Arroway. Nevertheless, they tried their best to make sure that they had a good time. 

It was late afternoon and the three friends had just finished opening the presents they had received from one another. James was laying down on one of the sofas, mumbling to himself. Remus Lupin sat quietly in one of the armchairs, reading a muggle book that Arabella had gotten him. Peter on the other hand, was sat in front of the fireplace, watching the fire and the embers as they illuminated his face.

A peaceful silence was set upon the Gryffindor common room. That is, until James Potter broke it.

"HOW COULD THEY?! WE SPEND EVERY CHRISTMAS TOGETHER. EVERY CHRISTMAS." James said hysterically, waving and moving his arms while still being laid down on the sofa.

Remus and Peter turned to look at him and chuckled slightly. 

"Why are you two laughing?" James pouted, now sitting instead of laying.

"Dramatic James is our favourite James." Remus teased and continued laughing.

"Yes, dramatic James is quite funny." Peter laughed in agreement.

"Ha ha ha." James laughed sarcastically, rolling his eyes at the two. "You know what's not funny? Missing two of my best friends."

"I miss them too, James." Peter sadly agreed. "It isn't really the same without the two of them here."

"It's amazing though. How they both went home to get away from each other." Remus started.

"Yet they they live next door to each other so it's almost pointless." James continued, laughing.

"It's all that Vanessa-girl's fault." James sighed.

"James..." Remus warned.

"It's true! If Sirius hadn't dated her, none of this would have happened." James protested. 

"I was actually looking forward to sneaking out and drinking Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks this year." Peter said sadly.

"Well, Wormtail. That tradition doesn't have to die just yet." James said, standing up and looking at Remus.

"I'll go and get the map." Remus said, sighing and standing up.

"I'll get the cloak!" James said excitedly.

"I'll just stay here and wait for you guys."

_____

THE THREE friends stumbled into the common room, slightly buzzed from the butterbeer and firewhiskey. It was late in the evening and they were about to remove the invisibility cloak when they heard the sound of heels clicking and pacing. They kept the cloak on and tried to stay as quiet as they possibly can.

"V, you need to calm down." 

"How can I calm down? Sirius is probably with Arroway right now!"

"I thought you give him a potion to help with that Arroway problem. You already practically control his mind."

"You don't understand, you bumbling idiot! It only works when I am near him to tell him what to do! If I'm not, he'll revert back to his old self."

"Oh."

"I can't deal with this now. I'm going back to our room."

"Vanessa, hold on. Wait for me."

Once they heard a door slamming shut, the three friends took off the invisibility cloak. A mixture of confusion and shock etched on each one of their faces.

"Did we guys just hear what I think I heard?" James asked, looking at Remus and Peter.

"Oh, you mean how Vanessa is a crazy, mind-controlling, psychopath? Yeah, I heard that." Remus said, still unable to comprehend what had just happened. 

"Okay, so we all heard the same thing? I'm not imagining this?" James clarified. Peter and Remus shook their heads.

"Well that explains a lot." Peter said, sitting down on one of the chairs. James and Remus following him and taking a seat as well.

"You guys do realize we have to tell them this, right?" James asked.

"They won't believe us. They'll probably think we're crazy." Peter said, shaking his head.

"We'll prove it to them then." Remus said, a determined look on his features.

_____

hey guys! sorry this one's quite short. anyways give it a vote if ya think it's worthy and let me know what you think in the comments.

also, i posted a james potter fanfic!!

love lots and i'll see ya when i see ya,

- arielle