Chapter 8 - Judged

[a/n: Is that one heck of a droolable pic or what?? *p*]

Madara pov:

Tch! Those fools from the Akimizu Clan were sneakier than we had initially imagined. Laying traps in our territory was one thing but making the traps absolutely unable to sense or see was what gave us a disadvantage. They merged the traps so well with nature using their Senjutsu kekkei genkai that we wouldn't be able to realize we had stepped into a trap until we actually did.

Three of my men had been left mutilated and several had lost their lives. Izuna and I too had suffered several scratches and bruises but we had been able to avoid major damage thanks to our quick reflexes. In the end, Izuna and I had to use our Mangekyou Sharingan to sense the barely noticeable difference in chakra between the places with the traps. Just after all of the Akimizu Clan's traps were taken care of, we had run into the members of the clan and we had to kill all of them to make sure they didn't dare get any more stupid ideas of stepping into our territory again.

Of course, we killed only those in the settlement just outside the Uchiha Clan's territorial boundary but I'm sure that their leader in their settlement would have got the message that we weren't going to let them off easily if they tried something stupid again.

"Kai, get those three men to the infirmary immediately. See to it that they are given the best treatment." I informed one of my men as I walked in through the main gates of the Uchiha Compound.

"I understand, Madara sama." He gave me a bow and guided the men helping the injured to the infirmary.

"Aniki, we should inform Tou san about what happened with the Kiseki Clan." Izuna said from beside me.

I clenched my fists tightly, sending out a murderous glare at the space in front of me. Just when we had thought we had taken care of the Akimizu Clan and reclaimed our boundary, we had an interference with the Kiseki Clan. They were one of the neutral clans that avoided fighting in any war. They stayed restricted to their little settlement, occasionally wandering into the different clans' territory, including ours, to gather food and resources which we had allowed. They didn't have any special kekkei genkai that could cause them to pose a threat to us after all – at least, that's what we had thought until now.

The Kiseki Clan apparently had the ability to use Crystal Ninjutsu to such a level that they could turn a person's blood into crystal upon physical contact. We had lost three men and two women because of their jutsu when they ambushed us. We hadn't expected them to make a move, let alone against the Uchiha Clan, because they knew of our powers. It was an unexpected development but now that we knew of their powers and intentions, we would be ready if they strike again.

"Those b******* won't get away after making enemies with the Uchiha Clan. Especially after saying something like that." I spat, remembering the words one of their clansmen said just as he was dying.

"We will not spare you, Uchiha! We will avenge the death of all of the people you took away from us! And we will start our revenge by taking away your greatest asset!"

Anger bubbled furiously within me at those words. Take away our greatest asset? Ha! As if they could do something like that! We were the most powerful clan and we wouldn't let our asset, our Sharingan to fall to hand of the likes of them! They were fools to even challenge us!

"We can tell Tou san about this later. Summon all the generals and high ranking shinobi for a meeting immediately!" I ordered still glaring.

Just as we took a turn around the corner, I stopped walking and narrowed my eyes. Walking through the hallways while giving his shoulder a good stretch was Shigeru. I glanced at his legs wondering how it was possible for him to be walking when he was paralyzed from waist down. And he looked healthy – he was showing no sign of pain in the arm he was stretching even though there were bandages covering the wound that couldn't be healed. What was going on here?