55(Part III). Breath of Azrael

Warning:

Rated '5' because that number is trolling here... again.

Blinking a few times, I find myself standing right next to Meredith

Blinking a few times, I find myself standing right next to Meredith. A sharp intake of air comes from me, while the latter paces about the room.
Again, it is night time with the curtains drawn and the silence out.

She has her arms crossed against her chest, while the bedside candlelight creates a feverish look on her pristine night dress.

Meredith stops walking, and scratches her chin with an index finger. Her eyes would have narrowed into slits, if they could, at the forthcoming footsteps from the outside.

"Veritài," she murmurs and gestures a straight line with two slanting ones at each side. A silvery mist comes from her fingertips, which disappears as it touches the door. She pulls it away at it barging open.

As far as I know, 'VeritÀ' means 'truth'.

Dannoso enters the room. His hand is still on the door knob, while his eyes wander around Meredith's room. He shakes his head and opens his mouth, but Meredith interrupts him,
"I didn't do that on purpose."

Dannoso closes his the door and puts his hands behind his back. He travels past her and points out,
"I wasn't going to ask of that matter."

Meredith turns and screws half her eye shut at her father now near the candlelight. His expression is much more relaxed than I had expected.

Dannoso stares at the light for a few moments, before sitting at his daughter's bed. He pats the free space near, as if to ask Meredith to sit down.

She purses her lips into a straight line, but obliges.

Dannoso has his legs spread out, while his bowed head is turned towards her.

Meredith crosses her own legs, but still keeps her hands against her chest.
"Are we not going to converse about Dannato?"

Now that they're together... Meredith looks a lot like him; though, she also has some of her grandmother's features...

Dannoso shakes his head and a genuine smile actually emerges on his face.
"No. I only wanted to see my daughter after such a long interval."

Meredith opens her mouth, but closes it. Instead, she scratches her chin again and mutters, "And Mother said..."

The father narrows his eyes.
"What did Marietta say?"

She shakes her head and comments,
"Nothing. She only told me of Grandmother."

She pauses and her arms fall to her lap.
"What were Grandmother and Grandfather's names, Papa?"

He raises a brow, but chooses to dismiss whatever came into his mind.
"Adelia Eleanor Knightley, and Benito Maleece.
My mother... she once said she would name her daughter Meredith, if she had one."