Chapter 25

"Well then," Hunter whispered. "I'm going to kiss you."

Jacob felt a jolt of excitement. Why wasn't he freaking out? This was the fourth day of feeling the bond and he couldn't believe he had accepted it this fast. If Hunter had his way, he would have kissed him as soon as they connected.

"Is that okay with you?" He stared at his mouth.

Jacob nodded against his forehead. He was curious to know what it would feel like to kiss him. For years, he has known he was attracted to guys but he never dared to put that theory to the test.

Hunter's heart was racing. He never thought his mate would be male. Although, he did not once care enough for it to affect how he feels about Jacob. If he's attracted to him, then he's going to fully embrace it.

And this was it. They were connecting on a deeper level.

Hunter brought his face closer until Jacob's lips traced his own. A spark of electricity surged through them, creating Jacob to lean into him further and seal the kiss.

Their minds grew foggy with affection and the closeness of their relationship. Jacob's scent was enough to melt Hunter's insides but now they were sharing a kiss and he couldn't compare a better feeling.

He kissed him again and Jacob subconsciously rested his hand on Hunter's knee so he could lean into him with more ease.

He could barely believe that he was kissing someone. It felt so good, in fact, it felt amazing.

Hunter wanted to pull the kiss deeper but Jacob wasn't used to kissing anyone and would most likely struggle to keep up. And this was their first kiss, he didn't want to rush him.

He was just about to steal the third kiss when Jacob pulled back an inch. Their lips parted, feeling the cool breeze of the Saturday morning air.

He wanted to take a moment and cherish what he had just done. He felt proud of himself for going this far when he never thought he would. He could already feel a new version of himself. Well, his old self is very slowly returning after one hellish year.

Hunter could feel his warm and soft lips still lingering on his own.

"I knew that would feel amazing," He whispered.

Jacob opened his eyes and pulled his head back a little more so he could see his face properly. Hunter's beautiful grey eyes were glistening with passion.

"Are you okay?" He smiled. "You look a little starstruck."

"I-I'm just..." Jacob trailed off. He didn't really have words to express himself. So instead, he surprised Hunter by leaning forward and wrapping his arms around his bare waist. He allowed his body to collapse into his and his head to rest comfortably against his shoulder, giving him a hug.

Hunter wrapped his arms around him too after he realised what he was doing.

They both felt combined by a tighter force after sharing something so personal. They couldn't really explain how or why.

"Fancy going back to mine and watching a film or something?" Hunter suggested with a content smile on his face.

"Okay," Jacob whispered and pulled back. Now that they had shared something he was nervous about, he felt a lot more relaxed in Hunter's presence.

* * * * *

"He's not picking up his phone," Grace grumbled and stared at her husband. It was now half four in the evening and he had been out all day.