Chapter 37

"Please mum," Jacob pleaded and gave her his best puppy dog eyes which Hunter totally fell for. He knew that if Jacob ever did that to him then he'd have to say yes, no matter what.

"Absolutely not. You can't just go for a few days while your grandparents visit. And also, I don't want you staying at Hunter's house, you're only seventeen."

"So?" Jacob crossed his arms. "They don't want me here."

"Of course they do, they-"

"They don't," He sighed quietly. "You just choose not to see it because they are your parents."

"Grace," Scott rested his hands on his wife's shoulders. "All they have done for the past hour is talk about William. Every time we mention Jacob's name they frown and change the subject. I think he should stay with Hunter until they leave. I'm more than sure he'll have a better time there."

"I just... I don't want you boys taking your relationship further-"

"Don't worry about that," Hunter quickly added before Jacob's mind melted with awkwardness. "Jacob's not ready for that. He has only just started getting used to kissing me-"

"Shut up." Jacob's voice echoed in his head, making him shut his mouth. He could feel his deep embarrassment.

"Are you saying that you're ready for it?" Grace attacked him with a frown.

"No... I-"

"Have you had se-"

"Yes."

Now it was Hunter's turn to blush. He could also feel Jacob's eyes on him. His emotions and expression didn't change. He kind of knew because Hunter was a lot more experienced than him and he seemed to know what he was doing.

"With a guy?"

"No, with a girl," Hunter did feel a little awkward. He was saying this to his mate's parents.

"But you're-"

"I know, I'm gay," Hunter glanced at Jacob who was intensely chewing on his bottom lip and slowly wringing his hands. "I guess that experience made me realise it." Not all of that was a lie. Hunter's first time wasn't the best and he wished he waited until he had his mate. But he was drunk and it was a silly mistake.

"How do I know that you're not going to try anything with our son?" Grace was firm and starting to annoy Hunter.

"Because I'm not like that," He frowned. "I would never even think about putting him in that kind of situation."

"Mum, you're being a bit unfair," Jacob spoke quietly. "It's my choice with what I do in this relationship. I'm not ready to take it further but so what if I was? It's my body, not yours."

Grace didn't really have anything to say after that. Her son was right, it is his choice and she doesn't really have the power to stop him.

Hunter was enjoying Jacob's bold attitude.

"So... can I stay at his?" He asked quietly, returning back to his shy state.

Grace and Scott looked at each other, deciding on the answer.

"Fine," She sighed with a slight eye roll. "But if I call, you better answer your phone. And don't even think about skipping college."

Jacob's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Thank you," He beamed. Hunter has never seen him smile with a lot of happiness before and it was only then that he could feel his excitement about sleeping over.