Baffled

"Are you out of your mind, (Y/n)?!"

My mother walked into the room and freaked out from the sight of Todoroki. She knew as well as I did about how risky this was. Now, if my father were to do something dangerous towards Todoroki, my mother would be able to react quickly. But, there's a slight problem. My father is one mysterious man. He's quite unpredictable.

"Miss, what's wrong? Why are you so upset?" Todoroki asks whilst lifting a brow. I glance back and forth between the two of them, examining their reactions towards each other.

"I, uh, was just surprised, that's all! Don't mind me!" Regaining her composure she turns to Todoroki and takes a deep breath. "Listen, Shouto. I don't think that you should be here. What if her father were to-"

Soon, she was cut off by the familiar ring of my father's voice. Her back stiffened out of utter surprise. Slowly, she turns around to be met with my father figure. His expression was a very enlightened one.

"Oh my! Is this that Todoroki boy you spoke of, dear?" He opens his arms out of happiness. "What a handsome lad. Hello, I'm (Y/n)'s father. Nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand for Todoroki to shake in an overzealous manner. I peer towards my mom, who quickly hid her emotions of fear in the presence of my father.

"Don't worry, I don't think Todo would allow father to harm him. He's really strong, remember?" I reassure my mother. "I'm just trying to see what is going to happen. If things go too far, you can always step in."

"...You're right." She whispers back. "Let's see his true colors, shall we?"

"We shall."

My father talked to Todoroki for a bit and seemed genuinely interested in him. Man, it's Bakugou and my mom all over again. I may be overexaggerating. After all, their relationship towards each other is such a competitive one. It's odd, truly. Soon enough, Todoroki had to depart home. It would be a lie if I were to say that I wasn't slightly glad. My nerves of something spontaneous happening were soothed.

"It was nice talking to you, son. I hope to see you soon!" The two of them stood at the doorway to the exit as he saw Todoroki out. "Feel free to come over anytime."

"Will do, sir. It was nice meeting you." Todoroki politely states. I never knew that he could be so polite...!

"See ya (Y/n) and miss." Nonchalantly, Todoroki looks past my father and slightly waves.

"See ya." We say in unison. With that, Todoroki turns and makes his way to his humble abode. My father soon shuts the door and sighs happily.

"You guys were quite spot-on when describing him. He's such a nice young man. No wonder you have taken such a liking to him, (Y/n)." He winks

"...Just a friend, father." Sheepishly smiling, I reply with the little energy that remained. My body is still in pain from the confrontation with Stain. I'm quite happy that everybody was there to help.

"Well, I'm off to my room." I weakly say as I drag my feeble body up the stairs.

Time to get the much-needed sleep that I deserve.

<><><><>

Time has passed, and the final week of June has finally arrived. There is only 1 week until the end-of-term test. It's like the test was prowling around us, ready to pounce on us with something that we are going to be surprised towards. I can practically FEEL the unexpected-ness.

More time continued to pass and the two of us worked hard and studied. To be more specific, it was the day before the exam. I could feel all of my nerves begin to rumble inside of my body. Every time I even simply think about this dreaded exercise test, my heart begins to race slightly. The girl from Class-B had said that it would involve robots, which is great to know. Hopefully, I will be able to put my quirk to use!

As I was drifting in and out of reality, something suddenly appears in my field of vision. I turn my head, as it caught my eyes. Beyond the window that I was staring out of, 2 kids, a boy and girl, ran across their lawn which consisted of plush green grass. With smiles plastered across their faces, one is seemingly chasing another with what seems to be a large bug. The sight was very innocent and reminiscent.

Yet again, I fell out of reality once more.

<><><><>

There, the young girl sat and kicked her feet out of sheer boredom. After her parents had to leave to run some errands with their jobs, she was left with one other to keep her company and watch over her for this short period of time. A boy sat adjacent to her.

"Hey, play with me ___!! I'm bored!" The young girl said, her arms reaching up at the boy.

"Please, (Y/n), I'm busy." Without drifting his attention away from the thing that occupied him, he waved her off in a dismissal manner.

"Come on! This is so boring..." She pouted. "You always have no time and are always with my dad! Can't you just play with me?"

"..." He looked up from his work and takes off his reading glasses. "Well, soon enough I'm going to have to leave and you're gonna have to deal with things without me." He sighs. "He is leaving, too."

"That's all the more reason to play with me..." Her words resonated within the room for a second before the boy finally gave in and sighed.

"...Fine." He sat down his work. "Want to go to the park? It's 6, so people aren't gonna be there, probably. We better hurry before it gets dark. Wouldn't want anything dangerous to happen."

"Thank you, ___!" Pulling him into a bone crushing hug that only kids can provide, she thanks him endlessly.

"Of course..." He awkwardly unraveled her arms from around him and ruffles her hair.

The pair trek to the nearby park, where the boy had correctly assumed that nobody was present at. The girl had immediately run to the swings and hopped onto the tallest one.

"Hey, can you push me..."

...

"Wait..." I paused. "Why can't I..."

The memory stopped.

A problem occurred. Something that I had not realized before.

His facial features. I can't seem to interpret them. It's as if I can't remember his face. It's as if his face was blank. Finally, after drifting back into reality, I ask myself a question that had truly baffled me without myself quite realizing it.

"...What was his name?"

[A/n]

I'm back, like how I promised in the previous a/n! To be completely honest, the beginning of this chapter was kinda slow, so I apologize for that. I also apologize for my hiatus!! I'm sorry for leaving you guys on a cliffhanger in the previous chapter! Truly. But, the 4th(?) return of Destiny! I would like to thank all of the readers who supported me and said that they were willing to wait for me once more! I'm far too grateful, I hope you guys realize that I'm not just "saying" that. I really am.

I will be back next week (possibly) with a new chapter, so stay tuned! Hopefully, you guys aren't thinking "her writing has gone to shit" or "I waited 4 months for this???" aha I really tried, I promise.

See ya!