27 - Provocation

"Have you heard? It seems like a junior disciple will join this year's Inter-academic Tournament! " A skinny youth murmured to his fellow disciple.

"Hahaha, that disciple is courting death. He doesn't know the immensity between heaven and earth. " The taller one responded.

"Indeed, It was the Tower Master's disciple who registered for the tournament.  I saw him and the Tower Master earlier when they went to the Registry's office. " The other added.

"Oh!!! Oh!!! That mysterious beta! He ranked second in the trial for newcomers... right?  I bet it was all luck. Hahaha! " The taller one sneered.

"Hmm?  Yes,  It might be luck that he was able to climb his way all through the 11th floor. How about you Senior?  When you took the trial back then?  Where you able to do that? " A guy wearing a white robe said in a sarcastic voice.

"Y-you what did you say!?" The taller disciple angrily retorted back.

"I said,  were you able to climb the 11th floor of the tower back when you did the trial, Senior? Have you tried your luck too?" The guy wearing a white robe snickered.

"H-h-he's the core disciple of the Venerable headmaster...  Theo!" The skinny disciple murmured while tugging the shoulder of his companion.

"Wow!  You are quite bright.  That saves me from introducing myself. " The white-robed lad pointed his finger to the skinny guy and chuckled.  This lad is indeed Theo.

The duo's face turned unsightly. "What if you are a core disciple?  You are still a junior disciple.  You still need to respect us, senior disciples." The tall guy retorted frowning.

"I don't think I done anything to offend you, SENIORS. I'm merely asking a question." Theo gaped mockingly.

The tall disciple stood trembling furiously - "You have a sharp tongue! Don't get your head over the cloud merely just because you were elected as a core disciple! How about we settl---"

"Enough! Back down Henry." A deep commanding voice boomed out.

The two senior disciples and Theo turned to the direction of the voice at same time. It was a man who has a more mature facial stature and also exudes a domineering Alpha aura. He wasn't that handsome as Theo but he had a natural masculine charm in him.

"Senior Adelard!!! " The later tall disciple named Henry gawked out.

"Learn how to control your emotions. You are a senior disciple so make sure to act like one. " The one who called out earlier calmly stated.

Theo stared at the later man and stood calmly.

"Adelard?  The top disciple 4 years ago who also managed to set foot on the 12th floor of the Dragon's Tower? " Theo thought to himself.

Adelard looked towards the direction of Theo and pointed at him.  "You! You also need to control your attitude.  Don't just barge into other's affair especially to those of seniors of you.  Even though you are the Headmaster's Core Disciple,  you don't have the right to speak disrespectfully to your seniors. "

Theo frowned and grit. He felt wronged with Adelard's words.  He harrumphed and shot back "What do you mean barging in with affairs of others?  Didn't you ALSO BARGE in with our conversation with the two senior disciples just now?  And what do you mean disrespect?  I have only asked a question!  What's disrespectful are you saying, Senior? Did I hit some nails or something?  Please enlighten me Senior Adelard." Theo retorted in polite yet a mocking voice.

Adelard frowned and gave a cold snort.  "Very well, very well.  So be it.  With your way of tone,  you seem like you really don't know how to back out." Adelard sneered.

Theo didn't bother to reply and only smiled coldly.

"Your beta---Yulrir was it? It seems like he'll be a good plaything once we meet at the Interacademic Tournament." Adelard chuckled sinisterly.

Hearing those words from Adelard,  Theo eyes widened in surprise for a moment but immediately flashed coldly as if it would like to kill. 

Theo released a pressure Qi that made the earlier 2 senior disciples tremble involuntarily.  Adelard was surprised and instantly turned his guard up.  He isn't that affected, unlike the other 2 senior disciples, but still has to remain careful.

"Take back what you said. " Theo with a hoarse voice commanded.

"Aiyaa--Jumpy aren't we?  If you wanted to fight me,  why not join the Interacademic tournament 10 months from now? " Adelard coldly shot back.

"You don't have to say it,  I'll join and have your face planted on the ground. " Theo snorted coldly.

"We'll see about that."Adelard turned around and walked away calmly. The other prior senior disciples were dumbfounded with the pressure exchange of Theo and Adelard.

Theo shut his eyes and calmed his qi down.  The two senior disciples nodded at each other seemingly trying to run away from Theo's sight as well.

As they turn around and leave,  a voice shot out once again.

"Ah Seniors,  wait a minute. " Theo exclaimed.

The duo who was about to walk away stopped midway and slowly turned around to the young man.  They got complicated reaction painted on their faces now.  They knew that the pressure Qi that Theo released just now isn't something ordinary.  They also knew that Adelard clearly took advantage of the situation earlier to provoke Theo.  They knew that Adelard isn't happy and can't accept the fact that another disciple was selected as the headmaster's core disciple while HE himself wasn't. He wanted to provoke Theo on joining the tournament so he can show the whole academy that he's a better disciple than Theo.

The duo gulped and the skinny man replied nervously,"Yes? "

"Where is the direction of the Registry's Office again Seniors?  I-- forgot." Theo mumbled shyly.

The duo was stunned but reacted pointing at to a certain distance reflexively.  Theo turned his head to the direction that they are pointing and smiled.

"Thank you, seniors. " Theo hastily left and walked towards the direction they are pointing to.

The duo was left in the dumbfounded state and when Theo's back disappeared from the distance, they finally let out a sigh of relief.