I

Keylin's POV (age 16)

"Are you ready?"

I looked up at Corrin, seeing the glint of determination and adrenaline pumping through him as he looked down at me for confirmation if I still wanted to go through with this, afraid I might be too scared to start something I won't be able to finish.

I smirk at him. Taking the moment to let my eyes rest upon the incoming targets; Tobias and his minions of two; Theo and Low in tow. Unaware of the bucket of fertiliser hanging by rope above their heads as they approach the small arced bridge where they will walk under.

My eyes rest back upon Corrin, holding the same excitement and adrenaline as what we are about to do could cost me my life and possibly Corrin's also. I knew I would be in more trouble if Tobias found out it was me, knowing he would go out of his way to make my life hell for it-not that he already doesn't make my life hell in the first place. This would just give him a reason to hit me more and give me more bruises to cover up from my grandfather.

It didn't stop me from wanting to do it.

"In omnia paratus."

'Ready for anything' I reply, catching a glimpse of my green eyes in the silver blade Corrin had protruded from his satchel. He turned to me at this and smiles a soft smile before holding out the dagger to me, bowing his head a little in greeting.

"Care to do the honours my prince?"

I didn't know if it was meant as a joke or some other hidden meaning behind his statement. I tilted my head at him at his statement.

My mother was a princess. My grandfather being the king that holds the power over the elven kingdom of Versai. I suppose I could be called a prince but I've never given it much thought. Knowing that this mainly comes down to my odd complexion; tanned skin and striking green eyes. Even though I possessed my mothers blonde hair-that was still blonde, knowing with time it will eventually darken to a sandy colour-I felt as though it wasn't enough to allow myself the urge to call myself a prince; a title that didn't feel right on me. One that I knew I wasn't worthy of.

I felt as though he was mocking me by saying this although how was Corrin to know I had such little faith in myself? I was always downgrading myself. Tobias's words echoing through my mind of how pathetic I was as an elf for years on end, that I would never belong and no one would ever love me because I was hideous.

I made the mistake of breaking down in front of Corrin one day after Tobias had broken through my shield I had put up to protect myself. His hurtful words had finally broken through and I let Corrin see me cry one time, re-telling him these words only for Corrin to take me by the shoulders and almost shake the doubt out of me. Telling me that I was none of these things.

The next day that I saw Tobias sulking in his seat in class with a purple eye and broken nose made me fearful of telling Corrin my thoughts ever again. The stares from Tobias were enough to scare me into silence. Swearing to never cry in front of Corrin again.

Overthinking his words like I always do. My heart fluttering at the mention of me being his prince but I ignored it. Grabbing the dagger from his outstretched hand and inched my body closer to the rope leading down the side wall of the arc. Of course where we were currently hiding.

I wait patiently as I hear Tobias and his minions' footsteps echo, indicating that they were getting closer to us and closer to their faith. All that could be heard around us was the buzzing of nature and Corrin and I's breathing.

I almost slipped up and cut the rope too quickly as Corrin's hand came to rest down on the spot between my shoulder blades. Hearing him inch closer to me to get a better look at the scene to be. His hot breath on the tips of my ears making them twitch.