Sense

Hailey's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, feeling the warmth of Harry next to me before I remembered where I was. I smiled to myself, keeping my eyes closed as I tried to savor the moment. His arms were wrapped tightly around me as the sun hit my face, and I couldn't think of a more perfect way to wake up. I could feel his breath fanning against the skin of my neck as his chest pressed into my back. I felt so safe, so content, and I knew I could have laid there forever.

I felt Harry move behind me, and a few seconds later I felt him press his lips to the bare skin of my shoulder where his t-shirt had slid down.

"Good morning." He said softly, his voice much deeper and full of a sleepy rasp as he spoke.

I rolled over to look at him, smiling as I took in the way his hair was pushed down on one side from resting against the pillow. His face was a little puffy and his eyes were heavy from sleep, but he looked even more adorable than normal as he smirked at me.

"Hi." I smiled as I rested my head on his chest, starting to trace the outline of the butterfly tattoo on his stomach with my fingers. "I like waking up with you."

"Me too. I like falling asleep with you too." He said as he kissed my forehead. "I don't wanna get up."

"Let's just stay like this all day." I sighed, wanting nothing more than to just laze around with him for the rest of the day, enjoying being that close to him.

We laid like that for a while, dozing in and out of sleep and just enjoying each other's company. I thought about the night before, when somehow Harry had taken one of the most humiliating things that had ever happened to me and given me a completely new way of looking at it. I still hated that he'd been there to hear the things Brad had said about me, but as usual he took care of me in a way that nobody else did and made me feel like I had nothing to be embarrassed about.

I looked out the window as Harry played with my hair, completely relaxing me as I laid against his chest and breathed him in. I don't know how he always managed to smell so good and look perfect no matter what the situation, but I didn't mind. He was literal perfection in every aspect, and it was like some cruel joke that he would have to be leaving in a couple of months.

"Did you sleep well? You fell asleep pretty fast." Harry asked as he looked down at me.

"Probably the best sleep I've ever had." I smiled. "Did you fall asleep okay? Having me here didn't bother you did it?"

"Not at all, I loved falling asleep with you. I did watch you for a while after you fell asleep last night though, like a total creep." He chuckled.

"What?" I laughed. "Why?"

"Just couldn't help it." He shrugged. "You look so peaceful when you sleep, like an angel."

"Someday." I smiled.

"Huh?" He laughed, confused. "What does that mean?"

"It's just something I've said since I was little, kind of an inside joke I guess." I said, recalling the memory. "Whenever someone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always said I wanted to be an Angel, like my Mom."

He smiled down at me, running his fingers across my cheek and brushing my hair over my shoulder.

"My brother used to tell me that I couldn't be an Angel because it wasn't a job like other grown ups, so I had to pick something else. I just always told him I'd be one someday, he'd see." I laughed. "As we got a bit older, when my dad used to work late and Ry used to tuck me in he'd say 'goodnight angel' and I'd say 'someday.'"