7

On a sunny and very windy Thursday the next week, I head over to see Honey. I'm glad my working days are just M-W-F.

Mandy called me last night and after telling her about the letters, she decided it was best to reconnect with more familiar faces.

Mark, Axle and Mandy were the first familiar faces, and now I get to see Honey. I wonder how big she's gotten...

I get out of the taxi, pay and thank the driver, and stare at the door in front of me.

Have you ever gotten that feeling where  you're about to see something familiar yet feel like a stranger at the same time?

I ring the doorbell and the door opens in a few seconds.

"BEEEEEEELLE!"

I'm wrapped up in the arms of an excited and happy young lady.

"You're here!" Honey exclaims.

I smile and hug her back.

I take a step away and study her. "My, you've grown up a lot since the last time I saw you. You've gained, what? 3 inches? And I love your ombré hair. The brown is beautiful on you!"

Honey seems shocked by my words. "Really? Thank you! I love my honey colored hair but I decided trying something new would be cool for a change."

I nod my agreement and follow her inside. It's the first time I've actually been in their house. All the other reunions were always at our place.

"I'm glad I was thinking before I spoke. I almost yelled out 'Khiraaaaa'!" Honey says with a giggle. "And we don't want that happening. The whole neighborhood would be at our doorstep in a minute."

I chuckle.

"Mom said to just spend time with you and do what you want till she gets back with lunch." Honey adds.

I shrug. "Okay."

We sit down on the big couch and stare at the tv.

"Do you wanna watch something or play board games?" Honey asks.

Before I can answer, a high pitched voice yells.

"STOOOP!"

I look at Honey and see that she has a relaxed expression. Guess she's used to this.

I look behind me and hear feet running down the stairs.

"The twins. Hazel and Howard." Honey introduces.

The twins see me and they stop yelling at each other.

"K-Khira?" Hazel stammers. Her face changes from an annoyed one to a happy one.

"Guess my disguise isn't a disguise." I mutter.

"Well technically, even if you change your hair and eye color and tan, you're still Khira. People just can't recognize you in the blink of an eye anymore. I'm surprised no one at your office noticed." Honey says.

I process her words. There's gotta be something else I can do to disguise who I am. I don't want to spoil my chances of ever getting to live with my family again...

The twins tackle me with hugs and I hug them back.

"I haven't seen you two since you were, what? seven?" I ask.

Hazel gets up first and nods. "Mom didn't let us go to all the friend reunions and stuff so we stayed back the few years. Honey always gets to go." She pouts.

"Yeah. Not fair. But we're okay with it too since it means more house under our management." Howard adds with a sly grin.

Hazel agrees.