Chapter 38: For you, I'll wait

John

"What do you mean 'Until this whole rogue situation is sorted out'? If we were to mate right now they would have no power over you! You would be safe!" I said through clenched teeth, trying my very hardest to stay in control of my emotions.

I cannot believe this woman, she is asking me to do the impossible, to go against my nature, and wait.

"Kings don't wait, King's command, King's are waited on but we never wait." My wolf growls in my head, pacing back inforth getting ready to force its opinion on our female.

"Don't be quick to say no, John." Claire reached over taking one of my hands in hers, instantly calming down me and my wolf. "If we mate right now, which I am really not ready for by the way, it will cause more problems in the very near future."

"Like what?" I asked stubbornly, not wanting to see her point.

"John look at me" Claire said squeezing the hand she held, while gently pulling me closer to her until our heads touched, and our hands rested together on my lap.

"If we take the easy option, which would be to mate, I have no doubt in my mind, that it would lead to another War. We need to show them that we are not afraid. We need to show them who the better leader is." She said this with so much conviction in her voice, I couldn't help but admire her.

I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. "You've really thought about this haven't you? I whispered by her ear.

She gently nodded her head, and with soft sigh releasing from her lips she said " I've had a lot of time to think".

Her confession just about broke me apart, any resistance I held against not mating, fell away. I hugged her close to my chest, her haid resting against the crook of my neck. we were so tangled up in eachother, I couldnt tell where she ended and I began.

This Girl, My Claire, I would do anything for, I would die for her, live for her, start a war for her, and end one. She was my life, and I wish I could take away all of her pain, and stop her from ever experiencing any type of pain again, but I can't and I know now how important it is for us to go through challenges and Trials. My Clair left me a girl, and has returned to me as this beautiful Women, that I will spend the rest of my life trying to deserve.

And if she wants to wait, I'll wait.

I leaned further into her, pressing soft ramdom kisses along her neck and shoulder, releasing a shiver from her body. "So what would you have me do Claire?" I said between kisses, "Call up the guy who had you kidnapped, ask him for an honorable fight, and what? winner takes all?"

Claire pulls away from me slightly so her eyes are once again locked on mine. She places her right hand softly on the side of my face, and with a light chuckle she says
"See, we are already so in tune with eachother, its like you took that right from my head"

"You can't be serious" I said dryly

"Well, not completely, but I do think you need to ask him and the rouges what they want, what their ultimate goal is, and see if we can find a happy medium without any bloodshed." She absentmindedly starts to put her arms around my neck, as if seeking my warmth, and I struggle to pay attention to her words as her body and scent take over my senses.

"and we need to act fast John' she whispers urgently, completley unaware of what shes doing to me. " Now that they no longer have me to bargain with or use, they will get desperate, and desperate people can be very very dangerous."

I squeeze her body so that she is completely pressed into me, and she lets out a suprised gasp.

"I'm desperate" I growl, "desperate for you"

With my hands on her amazing body, I rub our bodies against eachother, provoking a moan out of her lips.

"If you want to stick with your plan, and remain pure awhile longer you best put a stop to this yourself, because I can't, and I don't want to" I whisper huskily in her ear.

Claire stiffens and hurries off me, running out of the room and leaving me to calm myself, and my wolf down.

"She's lucky I didn't chase her" I mutter to myself, "Very Lucky"...