03: Judah Kohen

Lian's knees grew weak as she slowly knelt down beside the severely injured stranger

Lian's knees grew weak as she slowly knelt down beside the severely injured stranger. Judah, that's his name, she thought. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She wouldn't be able to think straight if she lets herself panic.

"Ambulance, ambulance, ambulance..." she hurriedly reached for her phone from her pocket, unknowingly muttering the mantra. "I should call for—"

"No," the guy interrupted breathlessly. He held her shaking hand with his cold, bloody one, "no hospital," he breathed out. She looked directly through his eyes seeing that he was trying so hard to stop himself from fainting. Despite his multiple blinking, the colors of his pupils didn't escape her scrutiny.

They were chocolate brown with specks of gold—they were disarming.

"Okay... but I don't know what else to do. Oh God, I'm sorry I'm useless. If only I can bring you to my dorm there's—"

"Car..." Judah cut her off again.

She perked up, "what?"

"Car, across the street," his voice was beginning to sound faint and it only made Lian's fear worsen. She immediately looked around, searching for the said car across the street. There was three parked in a distance. She was about to ask when the guy shoved a key fob to her.

BMW

She bit her lip, remembering the time she failed her driver's licensure exam. She knew how to drive but she's too slow and she can't park properly. But now she needs to suck it all up.

"Please hang in there. I'm just going to get the car, okay? Please Judah, don't die on me okay?"

Once he nodded, she quickly stood up and ran towards the only expensive-looking car among the three. She wished it's the right one, she has no knowledge about cars.

When she's just a few meters away, she pointed the fob towards it as she pressed the unlock button. It responded with a beep and she finally breathed a sigh of relief. She entered the driver's side before driving towards where Judah was. She then stopped in front of the souvenir shop where it's dark enough to conceal them—thank goodness, the car isn't that flashy.

She stepped out of the car, looking left and right for any sign of passersby. Good thing the street remained empty and it looks like the convenience store nearby doesn't have any customers too.

"Let's go," she whispered before reaching for the guy's arm and hooking it atop her shoulders to help him stand. "I need your remaining strength now Judah, we need to hurry before someone sees us," then they started walking. Judah struggled a bit, making them stagger a few times, until they finally reached the car.

She reached out for the black hoodie on the back seat and put it on his wound. "Can you press it? So blood won't come out," she instructed. He did what she told and when she was sure everything's under control, she started driving—faster than she did the last time.

"Why are you helping me?," he suddenly whispered.

"Because no one is going to and you're in pain," she replied, not removing her gaze from the road.

"You don't know who I—" he stopped as he groaned in pain when the car jerked abruptly.

"I'm so sorry," she worriedly glanced at him, making the car jerk once more. "Oh God..."

"Just... focus on driving," Judah said with a sigh before the car was filled with tensed silence.

"We're gonna use the back entrance, I just wish the old man forgot to lock it again," she said before parking the car—with great concentration—across the rear part of the dormitory. "Please don't pass out yet," she begged after shutting the car off. She hurriedly stepped out and ran towards the passenger's side to help him again.

"Next time don't help random strangers, they could be dangerous." He silently muttered directly to her ear as they began walking.

His warm breath unconsciously made her cheeks heat up. "You're a random stranger, are you dangerous too?" Her eyes widened, she didn't mean to say that out loud because she already knew the answer.

"Exactly," he answered.

She glanced at him, not surprised.

The moment he lied down the couch, he instantly passed out.

"Please be okay," Lian plead, her nerves starting to hit her full force. She guessed she can't escape them any longer and continue acting calm.

She ran towards the bathroom to get a basin of warm water and a clean towel. Next is to her bedroom where she kept her medical kit. She was thanking the heavens for that one time, one of their professors required the class to attend a seminar about first aid and emergency drills last year. She came home with lots of medical supplies and basic knowledge that she could use now.

But it all boils down to my performance tonight, because if I don't do this well then...okay, stop over-thinking Liandra!

Lian carefully removed the hoodie before inspecting the wound through his blood-stained shirt. She instantly grimaced with the sight of it. It was a deep cut that needs stitches. She ripped his shirt open, her adrenaline rush kicking, making her ignore the fact that there's a half-naked guy on her couch.

It took almost an hour to finish the tedious task of stitching and bandaging his wound, and another half hour to clean the mess she made. She slumped on the floor and leaned her back on the couch.

1:42AM, the clock says. She can't believe more unbelievable things have happened this day compared to her entire life. Why can't she stop herself from helping? She's not naive, she had read about this kind of situations on some of the many books she had.

When a heavily wounded person—whose injury looks far from being an accident—doesn't want to be brought to the hospital, one thing's for sure; the person is trouble.

But of course she's Liandra Wang; an ideal daughter, an angel sent on earth. She's too kind to just ignore someone in need even if her safety is at stake. It was both her weakness and her strength.

And this stranger—Judah Kohen Jeon, she thought. He looks like he came from a wealthy family. He's studying in the Academy though, he sure is a rich kid. His car looks expensive and his aura exudes authority. Even when he's wounded, he made her obey him when he prevented her from calling for help.

She looked at his face, now she can see how handsome he is. Everything about him screams elite. She remembered looking at him earlier when his piercing eyes are still directed back at her. Now that she thought of it, goosebumps immediately covered her arms. The look he gave her, one word can only describe it;

Bad.

He's bad and she's good. She had no idea what fate is planning to achieve making their worlds collide like this. It was so unexpected, so random. And yes, she's been preventing herself from thinking about that possibility. The possibility which scares her the most.

What if Judah is a Cardinal?

Oh boy, her brother would be really mad. Really mad.