43. Soul mates

We start walking home together and the silence is killing me so I finally speak up.

"I'm sorry."
I tell him and he nods his head and starts walking down the side walk. A few feet down I see the same girl he left with and I have to bite my tongue as we approach her.

"Hi you must be Baylor, I'm Simone."
She reaches out her hand with a big beautiful smile and I grudgingly take it.

"Yea."
I say and she gives Asher a weird smile before looking back at me.

I look over at Asher and he is staring down Simone and she just laughs. She walks up to him and whispers something in his ear, in which Asher....blushes!? She just made him blush! I can feel my heart crumble at the scene and she winks at me as she comes over and stands beside me next and we start walking along the sidewalk ahead of Asher.

"Don't worry, he's all yours."
She whispers to me and I feel my eyes widen.

"Oh we're not-"

"I know, I know, family drama, I love you, I hate you kinda thing, Just friends. but let's face it, when he isn't staring longingly at you, you're staring longingly at him. "
She states and I just laugh.

"No, we agreed we're better as friends, and if he wants to come hang out with you and do whatever you guys did, then it's none of my business."

"Oh honey, no, we didn't do anything, he was too busy with his own...problems, to even think about me or sex. Trust me, the sex isn't good when the other person is distracted."
She laughs and my eyes shoot over to her and then to Asher and back at her.

"You didn't?"

"No, he was wayyyy to preoccupied."
She laughs and we both look back at Asher who narrows his eyes at us and I feel a bit relieved that they didn't do anything.

-

"So we get up the next morning and go to the beach house and I'm still in his shirt and as soon as I walk in the door Cameron starts freaking out."
I tell Simone as we walk down the beach a few feet behind Asher.

"You can't stay out all night but it's fine when you walk in on him and your bestfriend?"
Simone asks incredulously and we both laugh.

"Right. Me and Asher are strictly friends, but Cameron still freaks out. Today he made me get off of Asher's motorcycle and ride in a truck where It was so full, people had to sit in the truck bed."

"What? That's crazy you're an adult you can make your own decisions!"

"I guess in a way tho I know why he's so protective over me so I can't get mad about it."

"Still you need space to be your own person, find out your place in the world, and who you are. You can't do that when he's hovering over you all the time. Good reason or not."
She says and I notice how right she is. This girl just has all the fucking answers.

"You know.. I like you."
I say and she laughs.

"Really? I would hate me, I mean I almost slept with your soul mate."
Now it's my turn to laugh.

"My soul mate?"

"YES! You guys are meant for eachother!"
I laugh again as I look up at Asher and shake my head.

"Girl you are the coolest chick I know! How you didn't pounce on me when you walked out of that club I have no idea! Cause I was waiting on it! And I bet your badass could kick mine."
She laughs again and I laugh even harder at this. Wow, I guess we had similiar opinions of eachother.