32

Time skip >> Two weeks later

"So you haven't found him?" Hoseok asks through his Webcam, worry written all over his handsome features. His brows furrow even more when the younger on the other side shakes his head in dismay.

Jungkook had been informing Hoseok about the things that were going on there ever since he left, and that includes the disappearance of the fox. Of course, Hoseok is worried about Jimin too, but he worries more for Taehee since he knew just how much she loves the fox.

He pinches his nose bridge and sighs before looking up at the younger again, "How's Taehee? She handled all these well?"

"I'm not very sure. She doesn't really show it, but we all know she misses him." The boy presses his fingers against his cheek, eyes on the older boy on the screen of his MacBook.

"I'll look for him until I find him. And I won't give up. Ever." Determination flares up in his eyes, only making the older boy worry.

"Yah, maknae. Don't push too hard. It's not safe out there, you should stop. You might go missing if you go too deep into the forest." The younger slowly nods his head, but Hoseok knows the boy well enough to know how stubborn he can be.

When he said he won't give up, he definitely meant it.

He can only sigh to himself, making a mental note to inform Jin about this and ask him to look after the younger.

"Alright, Jungkook. I'll see if my manager let me get a few days off, and I'll tell you about it." Jungkook nods at his hyung and waves cutely at him before clicking on the 'end call' button and going offline.

He leans back against the chair and heaves out a loud sigh before rubbing his eyes. Reaching out, he grabs hold of his notebook. Opening it to reveal a rough map of the forest which he had drawn himself.

Among them -including Taehee- Jungkook is the most determined on finding Jimin. Even Taehee told him to stop, but he doesn't.

The boy scratches his head as he stares at the map, mumbling unclear words to himself before closing the notebook shut and shoving it into his backpack. He changes into more comfortable items of clothing and puts on his hiking boots before walking out of his room, not forgetting his backpack. Right after Hoseok gave Jin a call.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Just where do you think you're going right now?!" Jin shouts while walking out of the kitchen with a bowl of apples in his hand and his phone on the other.

"To find the fox!" Jungkook shouts back, not even looking back at him as he opens the front door and steps out.

"Yah! Jungkook! Do not-" Before the older man even have time to put down the bowl in his hand, the younger had already slammed the front door shut, leaving only echoes behind. Jin groans out in both frustration and irritation. He runs to his bedroom and quickly starts shoving things into his backpack.

"Look after the house. Do not let Kim Taehyung touch the cookies. If I find one missing, he and you are both dead meat. Got it?" He raves on to Yoongi, who is at the working desk composing. The latter didn't even bother asking and just lazily hums in response, his body remains motionless.

After he finished, Jin rushes out from the room and cuts through the living room just as Taehee walks down the stairs.

"Oh, oppa! What-" Jin was in such a hurry, he didn't notice her and just slammed the front door shut, leaving the very much confused Taehee behind without a goodbye. She walks over to the guest room to find Yoongi still on his laptop. The girl paces over and gently tugs on his shirt, making him look up at her,

"Oh, hey Taehee. What's up?" She points her thumb over her shoulder at the door, the confused expression not leaving her face.

"Where is Jin oppa going in a pink apron?"

__

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Slow down, will you?!" Jin pants hard as he rests his palms against his knees, his face bright red from the heat.

Jungkook had always been an excellent athlete. His body is well built and stronger than all of his hyungs even though he's the youngest.

The boy pauses at his hyung's voice and turns around, his eyes widen at Jin, who is now glaring at him.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" He quickly approaches the said male, a grin slowly making its way up his face.

"Well, I can't just let you come out alone, can I? Geez. You made me run all the way to catch up with you!" Jungkook's grin grows wider as he moves closer and squeezes the older into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much for coming, hyung!" After the decision of giving up on the search for Jimin during the discussion among the older boys was made, Jungkook was almost certain that no one would be willing to come out with him.

He's just relieved that he doesn't have to go into the forest alone.

Jin brushes him off and huffs, pushing his locks of brown hair back and wiping off the perspiration that had formed on his forehead. That's when Jungkook gets a chance to have a good look at what he's wearing.

"Jin hyung, why are you wearing an apron? And out of all colors... why pink?"

__

After getting a good lecture from Jin about how pink is a gorgeous and only color that could perfectly define his beauty, the two moves quickly deep into the forest.

With Jungkook's map on his left hand and a compass on his right, Jin leads the way as Jungkook quietly follows behind while he looks out for any sign of the fox at the same time.

"We're here." Jin stops beside a tree and looks up from the map in his hands. He runs his fingers through the markings made by Yoongi on the tree the last time he came out before turning around to look at Jungkook.

"This is where we were the last time we came. We stopped at this tree right here. Come on." He gestures for the younger to follow him as he moves forward, slow and cautious.

They both look around as they progress. Quiet so they can listen properly. When a sudden rustling of bushes came from behind, they both quickly turn around. Jungkook instinctively reaches to grab the knife in his back pocket.

Sighs of relief escape them when a white rabbit hops out from behind the bush, but they tense up again when another rustling of bushes followed by a few howling are heard from in front of them.

Jin moves slowly towards the sound and hides behind a random tree, eyeing Jungkook later for him to follow what he does. After everything quiets down, the younger cranes his neck to look over the bush, half expecting to see nothing. But instead, a soft gasp leaves his lips at what he saw.

Two creatures. A wolf, and a fox, with a familiar sterling dog tag necklace dangling on his neck.