chapter 9

Song- rockbottom hailee stienfeld

Katherine sat in her car looking at the office. What what she thinking telling everyone like that. Why did she get so angry when shelly started going on at her she shouldn't be and she knew that james means nothing to her so she needs her mouth to learn that too. So now what. She told them they where moving in together she just placed herself in a corner and she didn't even need anyone's help to do it.

God how could she be so stupid all those times she told herself to refrain from bringing her personal life into work and in a matter of minutes her world has been tured upside down.

She took a breath shaking her head in disappointment, ella was home from her grans today and she was going to lift her. Katherine knew her mom loved ella and over mid term break knew her mother would be more than happy to take ella. It gave her time to go to the hospital do things that needed done.

But she missed her baby. What would happen when her bubbly four year old meets her daddy? Katherine was worried but as she drove to her mums home she pushed it all to the back of her head. The drive to her mothers house left her itching to see ella again it had been 10 days and she was yearning for her babygirl again.

She pulled up in her mothers drive quickly getting out of the car and ran through the front door.

"Mommy" the sweet voice she heard call out brought a smile to her face

"Yes honey its me" katherine called out and in seconds the sound of little feet running along the floor can be heard.

And a ball of blonde throws itself into her outstreached arms. She giggles a little and squeezes Ella until she feels her little monkey wiggling out of her grasp.

"Mummy i missed you" hearing ellas sweet voice makes Katherine smile.

"I missed you too baby" katherine tickled her and kissed ellas scrunched up nose.

"I was wondering when I'd see you again" katherine looked up at her mother on hearing her voice.

"You knew she was staying over mid term break" she replies sharply

"I know but i thought maybe you would have taken her for a day out" her mother replies calmly.
"Ah well at least your here now" she shrugs

"I love you too mun" katherine stands up from the floor and engulfs her mother in a hug.

Her parents split when she was young so she never did have a good relationship with her father. Her mother raised her single handed and for that she would be forever greatful her childhood was full of amazing memories which she would forever cherish.

Her mother was now aged 55 but liked to keep her appearance up so she didnt look her age. Her strawberry blonde hair was always neatly twisted into a bun and her clothes where always from designer  brands.

"I love you katherine, now come for a cup of tea we have much to discuss"  her mother pushes katherine from the hall into the homely kitchen.

After a while they sat around the kitchen table talking, her mother chatted about neighbours and her frien and then ella.

Kathernine smiled and laughed with her mother. It wasnt often she got to do this. She called home every wedensday evening but being in this atmosphere relaxed and happy had a calming affect on her.

"She asked about her daddy yesterday" her mothers statement drew katherine out of her daydream

"W-what?" She asked not believing she had heard right

"Katherine she wanted to know where her daddy was. She asked if he loved her" katherine stared at her mother jaw open and eyes wide she wasnt ready for that yet

"What did you tell her?" She asked not knowing herself what she would have said if ella asked

Her mother raised her eyebrow "what could i say katherine. She knows she has one i just said he lobed her very much but the was busy at the moment" she sighed and ran her had through her hair whilst speaking to katherine

This was deffinitley not what katherine wouod have said "why dod you do that?" She exclaims

"Um i had to say something" her mothers tome was rising which was a sign a row was going to start and katherine hated fighting with her mother.

"You know what it doesnt matter i have been talking to james anyway" she replied and then realised what she had just admited to the nosiest person she knows.

Her mother froze in her seat and staring at katherine blinked once then twice then asked something very unexpected

"Is he still as handsome as he used to be?" Her smile was as wide as ever

"Mom" katherine used her hands to cover her rosy cheeks moaned out loud. "Anyway we better get home because i have work in the morning" so katherine and ella said goodbye to her mother and with a final hug and kiss they left for home.

The drive was pleasant ella sang and katherine hummed the bond they shared was something special.

As she pulled up home she helped ella out of the car abd got the bags from the back of the car. She opened the front door and ella bounded uo the stairs to change into her pyjamas. Katherine made herself some coffee as she had some work to do before work  tomorrow morning.

The knock at her front door confused her. Its nine thirty at night who on earth would be visiting. Wearing her pyjamas ie. And old shirt of James. Dont judge too much after being kicked out she atleast deserved a few souvenirs. She walked to the door and swung it open.

"Nice shirt" the all to familair voice made her look up to see a cocky looking bastard standing infront of her.

"Thanks i took it from a dick" she cockily came back with " now why are you here?" She asked him raising a brow.

" im going to start moving your stuff to our home again in the morning i want to look after ella when you are at work too" he demanded

"No" her reply was short and sharp but sent the message

"Im sory but i will not have my wife deny me see my daughter and you will have to come.home at some stage you told the whole office you where" he smirked. Her mouth dropped open at hearing his last comment

"H-ow di-" he cut her off before she could even ask

"Butt dial baby" he winked at her and walked into the house.

Im so sorry its late but here is the chapter.

Hope you like it let me know.

Its my brithday tomorrow so i was rushing this a tinsey but hopefully you enjoy it anyway  xxx

Cover needed

If you or someone you know would be interested in making a cover for this story please message me or comment and let me know. I will give credit xxx

Thank you so much to Avoxx02 for making a stunning cover for my book xx