II

Pic~Corrin but with blue eyes

"Boy's and their stupid games."

Mara muttered as she dunked the white cloth into the basin beside where she sat. Me sitting on the chair in front of her, I looked around the small kitchen where the servants ate and spent most of their free time when not attending to my grandfather or I.

"Why can't you all be less violent? It would save me a lot without throwing out all of the white cloths." She mumbled angrily to herself as she pressed the damp cloth to my cut cheek, making me flinch away. She quickly grabbed the uninjured part of my face and brought me back closer to her where she could clean the small wound. I opened my eyes to glare at her.

"I try Mara but they don't like me. Every time I try to talk to one of my classmates, they ignore me or throw things at me."

I sigh as I say these words. The words that I have been trying to tell Mara for a while now but she either chooses not to listen or dwell on the fact that even if she wanted to do something, she couldn't because she is only a servant and going out of her way for me would result in her most likely losing her job. She needed the money to pay for her children's education. I could see why she couldn't risk it.

I didn't blame her. Nor did I blame any of the servants. They don't treat me like the other children but then again they don't really talk to me unless they have to. Mara is the only one who willingly talks to me.

"Throw things back."

Mara mumbles after shushing me to keep my voice down. I wasn't allowed to be in here because it was for servants only. I have been going here for a while now with Mara as she cleans my cuts and tries to help me hide the bruises from grandfather. The last thing we all need is avus causing a commotion which could lead everyone to go against him because I'm not what they expect for a prince to look up to.

My eyes widen as I look up to Mara. Not expecting her to actually encourage me to help myself. I suppose that was all she could do besides staying silent. I'm glad she doesn't though. It makes me feel like she cares for me when in reality she probably doesn't and only encourages me so that she would have less work to do when cleaning my cuts.

"I can't, if I do it gets worse."

I let out a sigh and when I look back up, I swore I saw a look of concern on Mara's features but it was probably just a grimace. Knowing any other sixteen year old could take Tobias and his minions on with no problem. I was weak and apart from being so, I had no intention to fight them.

"Besides, I'm in enough trouble with them as it is." I mutter, remembering my cry-fest with Corrin. I knew he was going to get Tobias for this. I could expect a lot more pain being inflicted in the coming days and my stomach felt uneasy just thinking about it.

Mara's eyes widened in anger as she heard my words.

"That Corrin boy brings you nothing but trouble." She states, taking the cloth away from my cheek and throwing it gracefully in the water basin to clean for later.

"Transit umbra, lux permanet" I state to her while she scoffs in displeasure, rolling her eyes at me.

'Shadow passes, light remains'

I suppose I was referring to how even the darkest of times with Tobias must come to an end and when it does, I have Corrin.

It's silent for another few moments as Mara cleans my wounded leg. Muttering to herself but I don't choose to listen this time and distract myself with my thoughts instead. A few minutes pass and Mara is quickly bandaging my leg with a thin layer of cloth before she is helping me down off of the the table and practically shoving me towards the doors. Ushering me out before someone catches me.