"I Do."

"Wake up!" I cried, bending over. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Wow." Korra noted. "I guess all we need to do is clean up the place." She didn't seem too worried about what I was, though, I should have realized he was fine, and faking.

"This happens more than you'd think." Mako noted. I noticed, despite my miserable state, a pause. "What? It's like you guys never read anything about Avatar Aang." He stepped forward. "Come on, Iroh. Stop being melodramatic."

I moved up, and to my disbeleif, Iroh held out a shell. "Here's what that beast threw at me."

"A shell?"

"A cool shell!" Bolin broke in. "Dude, can I have it?"

Iroh chucked it at him. It bounced off his head. Everyone laughed, and I wiped my eyes before hitting the man I loved, repeatedly. "Don't pretend to be hurt again!"

"OW!" He yelled. "I won't need to if you keep that up!"

"Hey, Bao." Korra smirked. "Now that your prince charming is awake again, I think we'll give you guys some time alone. There's something you need to accept before Asami and I dare ruin the surprise." After turning to leave, she shot an irritated glance over her shoulder at the man feigning distress in my arms, her parting words most likely in reference of an earlier conversation.

"Already almost did, Korra!" Iroh's called back, eyes narrowed, as the four close friends smiled and walked away. Korra briefly turned to face the sunlight as it shimmered off the seas, no sign of the once angry force nearby.

Once we were alone again, Iroh began laughing. "I shouldn't tell you this, Bao, but you'll notice eventually." He held up a tattered green piece of fabric.

"I don't follow." I looked down, realising too late to be properly embarrassed that I'd lost my shirt in the recent fight. I was wearing one of Asami's. It fit. That made me feel good about myself. I understood. "I'm keeping it." I leaned down. "Though, I'm sorry I can't say the same of your shell. Why'd you let Bolin keep your spirit offering?"

"You mean spirit assault weapon." He smirked, pulling me closer. I squirmed and wiggled away.

"What? Don't tell me you're still more interested in a shell than romance."

"How long were you waiting to use that line on me?"

"I did want to wait until you were in the same state as that other woman." He was referring to that girl on the beach. His comments were in jest, mocking the conversation we had that day we spent alone together, in a place not too far from here. Back then, I ran from my feelings. I fled from a couple in love, publicly displaying it in a half-decent manner, nonetheless, because it was another instance in which a fear I didn't know I had showed itself in a prophetic way. It was like looking into the future, and I did not like it. "Figured I'd use it when I got the chance."

"I want to be married when I take my shirt off on purpose, Iroh."

He smiled, and I knew again, stupidly too late, what Korra was getting at. I could picture her face then, gloatingly, superior as always. It was all so odd. I felt more secure and happy than ever, and every last one of the things I'd ever been afraid of seemed stupid, and a thosuand days before this one.

"Well, then." He held up a chord, and tied to the end was an excessivley ornate charm, featuring a flame, surrounded by the bluest sapphire gemstones I'd ever seen, flowing over each other artistically in soft waves. "Since you saved my life twice to my one time saving yours, I can't Lord that over you, but I do think you've given me enough of a reason to do this."

"Do what?" I played dumb. "Whittle?"

"It's a proposal, Bao. A mix of traditon. Come on, I made it!"

"No way. You paid someone." My vouice rocketed up several octaves again.

"Are you stalling?"

"Are you?"

"Marry me. Be the Fire Lady." He smiled, and I never thought I'd ever love anyone so much. "Then, once you have the power to rule over the newly perfected Ember Island," He held up his hands. Yeah. He was fine. "come with me to the ends of the earth and back. You'll have the authroity of an officer, provided you go through the training with the United Forces, too. So, do you think you'll feel safe enough to take your shirt off as compensation then? We will need an heir."

"Well, damn." My breath hitched, again, a gift from the universe, a compelling exemplification of the wonders to come. "I'd be an idiot to say no to that." I smiled again, too, pulling him towards me, thankful the giant monster we'd quelled, albiet momentarily (we'd have a lot of work to do to appease it for good, but I'm pretty sure it liked us then, seeing as we were more than fine) had scared away the tourists for longer than any all-clear could provide reassurance. We were alone, on a private beach, for the time being. "Of course, Iroh." I pulled away after what was without a doubt, the best moment of my life, only to be surpassed by something I'd face later that winter, and after professing one more thing, we didn't talk for a while, and when Korra, Bolin Mako and Asami showed back up, I was wearing the same necklace I dared to call stupid before. In all fairness, it was only as stupid as I ever was.

"Do you love me, Bao?"

I actually, truly, slapped him. I remember now, looking back, how Korra and Asami actually laughed out loud when I told them about that part.

"Iroh!" I laughed, leaning down to kiss him in an effort to make amends for my offense. "Of course, I do."

I hoped it wasn't just my imagination but I swear I felt his heart beat faster at those last two words. I know mine did.