Chapter 3.

Kora

Kora

I obviously had no idea where that came from but I found my mouth doing the most now. I was tired of it, I was tired of listening to her while she disrespected my mother like that. She turned to me, my mother too.

"What?"
I knew she couldn't believe I had said that. I couldn't believe it too.

"Didn't you hear me? I asked you to get out of my room right now!" I already started anyway, there was no point in turning back especially since she was going to keep disrespecting me and my mum like that.

"Your room?" She scoffed.

"Yes, my room."

"Hey, Kora." She frowned at me. "Are you out of your mind? How can you ask me to get out in my own house? This is my house. My father's house." She scoffed. "I have every right to be in any room I want."

"Yeah well, I don't give a damn. I live here too, that makes it my house, my mother's house, my room and I don't want you here anymore, if all you're going to do is disrespect my mum."

"Then leave." She cut me off. "If you hate me so much," she placed a finger on my shoulder and pushed me slightly. "If you can't stand being here so much why don't you just leave? Why don't you and your pathetic slutty mother and annoying brother just leave this house and go be a leach somewhere else?"

"He's your brother too!" I yelled back at her. "He has every right to be here just as much as you do. We have every right to be here."

"That's enough." Mike was beginning to cry now and mum was having a tough time trying to calm him down. He hated it. He hated it when we raised our voices or shouted at each other. It terrified him a lot. I slowly turned to him with tears almost clouding my eyes. I hated it when he cried like that. At that point, I'd have done everything to make him stop.

"Do you really have to do this?" I turned back to Racheal. "Do you really have to pick on us all the time?"

Racheal shrugged her shoulders.

"Fine. If it's the laptop you want, then take it." I stood away from the table just so she could get the laptop since it was all she wanted so badly. "Just take it and leave."

Racheal pouted for a while, pretending to think. I just wanted it to be over, I just wanted her to leave. I wanted her to take the laptop and leave.

"Fine." She leaned towards the desk and picked up my purple laptop. I watched her lift it from the table, a wry smile spreading across her face as she took a good look at it like she was examining it.

"You have the laptop now." I reminded her. "Just take it and go." At that point, I was just too embarrassed to hear anything else. My ears were almost bleeding from hearing her cuss at us like that. I watched Racheal raise my laptop in the air as high as she could and then let it go, causing it to fall to the ground with a big thud. She started to step on it and jump on it with full force.