SEVENTEEN

AFTER OCTAVIAS TALK with her mum, She sat by herself for a bit. She was lost in thought when she heard a voice behind her.

"Long time no see Miss Clarke"

She turned around and standing there was an old, grey bearded man walking up to her.

"Dumbledore" Octavia nodded, He smiled in return.

"Wait, if you're here that means..." She looked up at him with worry.

"Yes, I'm dead"

But then a thought hit her. Harry. Dumbledore was his mentor, he would be a wreck. There might be no bringing him back from this.

"I'm sorry sir but I have to go" Octavia got up and ran to find Harry.

"Yes, Harry will need you" He said as Octavia continued to run.

Finally she found Harry crying in the astronomy tower. He sat with his knees to his chest wiping his tears. He couldn't see her, but she sat next to him. He couldn't feel it but she placed her hand on his. He couldn't feel it, but she hugged him.

"Stay strong Harry" Octavia whispered, and she could have sworn he heard her. His eyes peeked up a bit and wiped another tear and inside she had to believe he heard her. For her sanity and his. He had to hear her.

Octavia began to feel trapped in some ways. Like the world around her was testing every limit she had. She was so frustrated the people she cared about couldn't hear her. Inside she was like a ticking time bomb, just waiting to explode.

Octavia could tell Harry was feeling the same way.

She continued to watch Harry for the day. But today was an oddity, James decided to join her. They sat in comfortable silence for a while just watching.

"You know I used to do this everyday when Harry was young" He sighed,"Sit and watch as the Dursleys were horrible to him, trying so hard for him to know everything would be okay."

"That must have been so horrible." Octavia breathed,"So hard."

"It was," James nodded,"I felt so bad that he was the boy who lived, but it's so hard being the parents who died. All I could do was watch."

"What stopped you?"

"You did" The eldest Potter looked at her.

"Me?"

"I would worry for Harry, all the danger he would get himself into. Hermione and Ron are wonderful friends to Harry. But you, he will listen to you."

She continued to watch the man, glasses low on his nose and matted black hair. He was identical to Harry.

"He got that from me, the listening thing. I wouldn't listen to anyone. Except my Lily-flower of course." He smiled.

"I'm sure she's grateful for that" Octavia smiled in return.

He laughed pushing his glasses up,"All I'm saying is, you can talk sense into him. So I watched less often, he was happy when you were around. I didn't need to worry as much."

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Most definitely"

Octavia smiled at that. She never knew James thought so highly of her.

"When you go back," She looked up at him,"Tell Harry I'm beyond proud. I see my boy and everything bad melts away, he was the best thing that ever existed. Everything I wish I could have been around for."

"If I go back," Octavia started,"I won't just tell him, I'll make him know you're proud."

"You'll go back" He assured,"I'm sure of it"

"Thank you Mr. Potter" Octavia smiled.

"Call me James, family doesn't need formalities"

"But James, I'm not fam-" But he was already gone and Octavia just sat and a smile crept to way onto her face.

»»-------------¤-------------««

The next week was somewhat uneventful, She had found out Bill and Fleur were engaged. Octavia had become friends with her during the Triwizard Tournament. They were a beautiful couple, the wedding was set to be next week.

Octavia saw the Order use the polyjuice potion to disguise Harry and move him to a safe house. She saw Mad-Eye die and Georges ear get blown off. But other than that no one was hurt. After that it remained calm. But the trio was planning something Octavia could tell. She had followed Harry's and Dumbledores quest for horcruxes and Octavia had a bad feeling the pit of her stomach that was what they were planning.

Octavia couldn't help but laugh at Mrs. Weasleys frantic planning and running around. That women was going crazy with wedding details. She missed her organization.

Remus and Tonks had finally gotten together. Octavia had been calling it since her first dinner at 12 Grimmauld Place. Octavia was ecstatic when she overheard they were married. Once she gets back she will have to remember Ron owed her 5 galleons, Octavia bet that Remus and Tonks would be together by the end of 7th year.

7th year. It seemed so far away before she died. It seemed like a year that was so far away, She couldn't think about it. But now Octavia most likely would not be attending. Not only did she miss all of my sixth year, Dumbledore was dead. There would be no point in going back. If Octavia ever got back.

"Stalking the wedding?"

"Naturally" Octavia laughed,"Can I help you Sirius?"

"Stalking, same as you" He shrugged,"Still haven't figured it out yet have ya?"

Octavia shot him a playful glare but at the same time her heart sank.

"I'll take that as a no"

She nodded.

As Octavia watched she saw Ginny and Harry talking in the kitchen. Suddenly Octavia felt a pit in her stomach.

"Octavia?"

"Yes? Oh sorry can you say that again?"

"I was saying how I was surprised you weren't turning green with envy, but it seems you are" He smirked.

"I'm not jealous" Octavia lied through her teeth.

"Whatever you say" He put his hands up.

"Oh shush the weddings starting" She shoved his shoulder.

"I always loved weddings" Sirius cooed.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"The Ministry has fallen. The minister is dead"

And all hell broke loose.