Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

32. The Wanted Posters

Back at the Hawk's Eye, Elena Sharp was stood behind the counter of her bar, humming to herself as she cleaned the counter top and twirled the golden pendant around her neck which once held a white pearl that was now gone, given to the Demon Slayer as a gift.

Her three locals, all had their mouths hung open in disbelief; their favourite landlady was acting very out of character. She was usually dark and mysterious with sharp yellow eyes that could kill with a single glare.

"She has to be in love," one of the men mumbled to another.

"It must be that lad who kissed her the other day, what was his name?" the second whispered.

"Mad Man Levon." The third slapped a wanted poster onto the table and sat down joining the duo.

"Mad Man Levon?" The first gasped, as he looked over the wanted picture of a seventeen-year-old boy with messy black hair, deep brown eyes and a sprinkle of freckles on his cheeks.

The third nodded. "Aye, apparently she's known him since he was a boy. He made a promise or something. Him and his crew are the ones who are going to bring peace back to the world!"

The second gulped down his rum. "About time, I hate being stuck in this tavern for eternity because of that damn King."

"It's not too bad, at least we get free alcohol." The first shrugged. "Would you rather be in hell?"

The second and third both shook their heads.

"To be fair the dancing girl on the silk ropes does make eternity in this place a bliss." The third grinned.

"It's a shame she left yesterday." The waitress walked over with more bottles of rum for them. "I liked Jessica, but her soul isn't damned like ours so she can leave the tavern whenever she likes."

The three locals looked up at the pretty blue haired waitress with goofy smiles.

"Jessica's gone!" The chef popped his head out from the kitchen and walked over. "But she bakes the best bread."

The three locals, the waitress and the chef, continued to talk amongst themselves as Elena continued to hum, twirling her golden pendant in her hand. A sudden vibration caught her attention, and she lifted the piece of jewellery to her ear and listened to the high pitch frequency it was admitting. No doubt about it, it was calling forth the Brethren Court.

"What are you damned souls doing?" The five souls tensed in fear and they all stood up to attention. "Get back to work, we have an important guest arriving soon!" she ordered. "And you three." Elena pointed at the three locals. "I want this bar spotless, or no more alcohol for the rest of eternity, you hear me?"

"Yes, Mistress Elena!" They all chorused at once and immediately went back to work.

Elena walked over to the open tavern door, which led out onto the sunlit cobbled street of Harvest Island. The townspeople were celebrating after the events which unfolded during the harvest festival and had started a new celebration in honour of their new god who had freed them from the corrupt mayor and his fake priests.

Their new god had asked for alcohol as an offering instead of human sacrifices, and so a beer festival had begun. Everyone looked happy with big smiles on their faces, the happiest the island had ever been. Elena squinted from the blinding sun, and she looked up towards the statue of Baden Bones in his puppet form.

"Mr Compass was against you being on Levon's pirate crew, Baden." She shook her head smirking. "I insisted. This is only the beginning for you and the Levon Pirates. Now that you're all gathered, Mr Compass's plan can finally proceed."