Chapter 19 ❋

The rest of junior year was gone in a flash. Now we were back as seniors. Selena left for college early in the summer, leaving me with nothing to do.

Thanks to her departure I had a lot of time to think and heal. I discovered that I had a knack for writing songs, so that's what I did all summer.

"Hey Y/NN when are you going to show us what you worked on all summer?" Lauren said as she approached my locker.

"I don't know if I feel comfortable sharing it, it's kind of personal." I said nervously.

The songs were about Camila and how I felt.

"Come on!" She pouted. I sighed in defeat. "Ok let's go to the music room."

We went into the band room and locked the door. I picked up the guitar and prepared myself. I had to admit I was a bit shy to sing in front of Lauren even though we were best friends.

I began strumming the guitar making Lauren smile. I cleared my throat and began to sing.

Meet me in the hallway
I just left your bedroom
Give me some morphine
Is there any more to do?

Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out
I gotta get better, gotta get better
And maybe we'll work it out

I walked the streets all day
Running with the thieves
'Cause you left me in the hallway
Give me some more
Just take the pain away

Just let me know I'll be at the door, at the door
Hoping you'll come around
Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor
Maybe we'll work it out
Gotta get better, gotta get better
And maybe we'll work it out

We don't talk about it
It's something we don't do
'Cause once you go without it
Nothing else will do

I opened my eyes and saw Lauren's mouth was agape.

"Holy shit! Y/N you're so good!" She said pulling me into a hug. "That's talent Y/NN."

"Thanks. I really appreciate it." I grinned, hugging her back.

"You should really showcase your talent. We can go to that bar they built in the summer and you can perform there!" She said excitedly.

"Woah chill I was nervous to sing in front of you and you're my best friend. What makes you think I could perform in front of other people." I laughed.

She pouted. "Fine."

I laughed and wrapped an arm around her. We walked back into the hall.

"Hey bitches!" Dinah's loud voice came from down the hallway. I turned and saw her walking towards us with Normani and Camila.

"We rule the school now!" She shouted excitedly. I laughed and hugged the taller girl. I pulled away and hugged Normani next.