•120•

val

"you ready to head back to the hotel?" jack asks as we walk along the beach.

"i'm gonna stay down here for a little, ill meet you in a little bit."

"no, im staying -"

"no, baby, its fine. i'm just gonna walk. you go shower." i kiss his cheek and smile.

"okay, just be careful and call me if you need anything. okay?" he leans forward and connects his lips to mine.

i nod and smile as he walks off of the beach towards the hotel. i begin to walk down the beach and listen to the sound of the waves crashing and watch as couples stroll past me.

i love greece.

i decided to stop at an ice cream cart in the town because i was hungry.

when am i not hungry?

i ordered some of their fruit ice cream and got jack some as well. the woman handed me a bag and i handed her the money and thanked her as i walked towards the hotel.

as i begin walking down the street people are now going inside and lights shut off signifying they're going to sleep.

is it really that late?

i feel my phone vibrate in my wristlet and it was a text from jack asking where i was. i replied with an 'im fine, be back soon.'

in what seems like an instant a van pulls up next to me and slides open the side door pulling me in. a hand comes over my mouth and i drop the ice cream bag as they shut the door speeding off.

i heard low chatter and when the lights turned on i was surrounded by three men. they all had dark tan skin, scarred faces, and lots of tattoos.

i opened my mouth to scream but one of them put their hand over my mouth while smiling at me.

"shh. its okay pretty girl." he said with an accent and caressed my head with his hand.

"get off of me you creep!" i kick him between his legs and he groans falling to the floor.

i lunge for the door and slide it open jumping out. i hit the ground with a loud grunt and roll in different directions. the van stops and the men hop out beginning to chase after me.

i get up and run in the opposite direction they're coming while yelling.

"someone help!" i yell as their footsteps catch up to me.

my hair is grabbed and i'm thrown onto the ground on my back. i breathe heavily holding my stomach in pain as i'm out of breath so quickly from running in heels.

their fists and feet connect with my face and my body and i let out loud yelps. blood escapes from my nose and i scream in pain.

"help! please!"

for what seems like hours they continue to beat me until they slow down and stop. they spit at me and walk off into the van.

tears escape my eyes and i go to reach for my phone but they've taken that too. i push myself up as my arms shake and i let out a loud sob.

i needed to get home. i needed to get to jack.

i've been walking for what seems like hours and somehow i finally end up in front of the hotel. there are police cars parked in front of the hotel so i make my way to the back entrance and climb all of the stairs to our floor. as i struggle to walk i make it in front of a big brown door and twist the knob open.

he sits hunched over on the bed and looks up at me with wide eyes.

"jack?" i whisper before falling to the floor and everything going black.

i miss my boyfriend and it hasn't even been a day :(