25. New Year

25. New Year

"Happy New Year!"

Of course, the moment I get down from the freaking stairs, I get tackled to the ground by my dear, sweet little baby sisters.

"Happy New Year, Sae, Sui..." I groaned, nursing a bump on my head. "Man, it's cold. I'm still sleepy." The girls got off me and I made my way to the living room. And sure enough, Dad's enjoying some tea, talking with--

"Happy New Year." I greeted them with a smile.

"Oh, Happy New Year, Rei!" Tsuyoshi greets me, a bright smile on his face, "I'll be intruding!"

"Yo, Rei! Did you just wake up?" Takeshi laughed.

"Good morning, Rei." Dad greets me.

They were all gathered at the kotatsu, chatting. Well yeah, it was cold out. I yawned. The cold always made me more sleepy than I usually was.

-----

"The cold's not good for my lungs, Takeshi..." I whined.

"It's not that cold, Rei!" Takeshi chuckled, "It's just nice!"

Well, yes, it's not as cold as when it snowed, but a little bit of cold meant cold air entering my lungs and that's like breathing into an air conditioner.

I sighed. I wore a black hoodie with green linings, my hands stuffed into the pockets as I stuck close to Takeshi. This guy's a natural heat insulator. It is necessary that I use it.

In the next junction, we meet Gokudera.

"Geh," he frowns, "Baseball Idiot." was supposed to be a greeting? He then notices me hiding behind Takeshi and his face mellows down to a neutral face, "...And Green. Good morning."

"You make me sound weird," I had to comment, "But good morning, Gokudera-kun."

"You're just a colour to him, Rei!" Takeshi joked.

"Shut up, Baseball Idiot." I reply.

"Are you headed to the Tenth's house too?' Gokudera asked, half in disgust.

------

"Someone give Lambo-san New Years' Money!" I heard a familiar voice demand. In the distance, I see the cow child on the wall of the Sawada House, yelling at a passer-by, an innocent grin on his face.

He was then dragged down by Tsuna, who put a hand over the child's mouth and started scolding him about how he shouldn't do that. I chuckle.

In front of the house before us was Kyoko, who wore a stunningly adorable Yukata. Ryohei was right behind her, dressed in festivity as well. Haru was right by us, in a pretty Yukata of her own. When they all gathered, quarrels immediately began occurring between Octopus and Lawn. The girls greeted each other cheerfully, and Takeshi greeted Tsuna casually.