Chapter 4

Hey guys! Another day, another chapter.

Thanks for all the comments on chapter 3! I will definitely be including your ideas in the upcoming chapters! 

Also, it would be awesome if this chapter could get 10 votes please! (I'll still update regardless - but it might make the update a little faster)

Enjoy!

- Andrea

4.

"You told everyone it was a BYO, right?" Leigh shouts, running up and down the hallway of the flat as she frantically puts the last-minute touches together for our flat party.

"Of course! There's no way I'm shelling out hundreds for everyone else's alcohol!" Carina yells back.

It's Saturday night, and I'm up in my room getting changed out of my running gear.

I decide that shorts and a slightly revealing white top will the best go to for tonight. It's a casual affair, not a dance club.

My long bronze hair hangs loose in natural waves and my natural tan compliments the outfit I've chosen. All I need to do is slip on a pair of white converse and apply a little makeup. A bit of contouring never did anyone any harm.

After my lab with Beckett, the rest of the week was reasonably uneventful.

I attended my lectures, went to the gym, had lunch with a few mates, held my second tutorial for the week and completed another planning session with Rafael.

"Of course, I'm coming this weekend." He grinned at me, as the two of us finished up our session.

I rolled my eyes at that, "Don't forget, you've got to bring your own drinks."

"Sure thing princess."

So, there's no doubt in my mind that Rafael is going to be making an appearance tonight.

As for Beckett...Well...

That's another story.

A non-existent one for that matter.

I honestly don't understand why I'm so hung up on the guy.

I glance at myself in the mirror one final time before heading downstairs.

"You've got this, Sam."

I pull a stupid face, finish applying my matte lipstick and tug on a denim jacket. Then, it's time to check that the rest of the flat is in order before people start arriving.

It's already ten thirty and the party doesn't start until eleven, but that doesn't mean my flatmates are any less excited.

Most of them already started drinking a few hours earlier, I'm the only girl still sober.

I guess, sometimes I think of myself as the flat mother, looking after the rest of these girls, but that doesn't mean I can't have a good time too. I just have to make sure I'm more coherent than the rest of them.

Sadly, this isn't that hard to achieve.

"Hey girl! You ready for this?!" Maddie grins, looking primped up in a short green dress that compliments her chocolate brown hair.

I nod, "Absolutely, it will be a nice way to unwind after this week."

"Tell me about it!" She squeals, "All of my assignments can go stick it where the sun doesn't shine!"